hmmm, prequels mistakes?

TMA_1

Well I have noticed in the later dune books that the tleilaxu were apart of the scattering. In fact from what it sounds like this is where their religious fervor came from, Leto II is their major prophet, and seems to have been that before LetoII there might have been no religious base in the tleilaxu at all.

But why is it that in the prequels, the tleilaxu are exactly identical to the post-scattering tleilaxu? They should obviously be different, and the few face dancers that are described are too disimmilar to the old face dancers of pauls time. There is just something wrong here. Also

Remember in House Corrino it explains that they take women and use them as supposed "axolotl tanks"? It was trying to be a shocker, yeah right.lol

well in Heretics, it says this in page 67.

"No one outside of their (tleilaxu) planets has ever reported seeing a tleilaxu female". the Lady Janet said.

-miles teg "do they exist or is it just the tanks?"

"they exist".

Then it goes on to talk about face dancers, but dont you see here? Remember in Corrino it talks about the tleilaxu women actually being the axolotl tanks, and that the tanks are female humans!

This seems to be a total contradiction, I must point out a flaw that frank made in heretics as well that I just happened to pass by.

He mentions something being at -351 degrees kelvin, well you guys know that there is no negative in kelvin.lol

Well, Odrade speculates at one point in Heretics that the Tleilaxu women might be the tanks, but it is never confirmed.

And yes, I caught that -351 degrees kelvin thing as well. I just chalked that up to the fact that perhaps a breakthrough had been made revealing a lower absolute zero, or perhaps a way of "artificially" going below -273C. Frank wasa very smart man; I find it difficult to swallow the idea that he made such a mistake. But it could happen.

yeah I read about that later, but it seems that the prequels make so many jumps of conclusions that it is silly, and I personally doubt humans are axolotl tanks from reading the books in my opinion.

Yeah frank is extremely brilliant, I was reading an intro in his book "best of frank herbert 52 to 64 (I do believe those are the dates of the first of two installments of short stories of the "best of" series")" He explains in a lovely way that writing cannot be taught, that only the "plumbing" as he says of the english language can be taught. He explains how the writing process works and how you are to become a good writer, gives a lot of great tips.

Still though that is a massive series he wrote, among many others he wrote as well, there are bound to be mistakes like that ever once in awhile. It really is a simple mistake, he might have forgot to make it ferinheight instead of kelvin, something simple like that.

One of my biggest complaints with the BJ is that it does not take into account any growth of culture or over the next 10,000 + years. The only thing that will be subject to "language drift" is the name Tlulax will drift to Tleilax. Other names, places, titles, etc will essentially be not much different in ten millenia. As a future history, it is imperative that they create some believability in the place in time where these events happen. I don't think they have created any reasonable timeline and compensated for growth in technology, industry, culture, religion, politics, etc. The fact that Selim Wormrider has visions ala Maud Dib regarding the destruction of the spice...how can this be when we know that the Guild is soon going to suddenly need large quantites of melange just to navigate the galaxy, let alone all the future addicts to spice once it starts making its way to the future great houses?