Tribes II

Mihail

I've been playing this game for...Oh,say an hour or so, and like it. Played the first time online 10 minutes ago and got absolutley crushed. But I have 1 teensy weensy question -- is there a campaign mode? I've been dying to know that.So far, I haven't found one,and if it doesn't have one, I am severley dissapointed, for I bought this game mainly for the single player campaign. So can someone please tell me?

Heheheh. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the tribes series (up to recently) had no concept of "Single player." Sure, in Tribes 1 there are 5 or 6 training missions, but they don't do much for you except introduce you to the base mod of the game.

Tribes 2 does NOT have single player. The closest you can come is if you host a private game and throw a bunch of bots onto it. Mind you, this is better single player support then Tribes I had. Course.. I'm a tribes I fan over a tribes II fan so me saying something is better in tribes II must count for something :P.

"They" are making a "tribes III" of sorts, but is called "Tribes Vengence." This version is almost exclusively pointed towards being single player. I think they only recently acknoleged that they were going to have some sort of multiplayer in it.+

Never played Starseige (the first "tribes" game), so i can't tell you if that had single player or not.

www.planetStarsiege.com for more information on the tribes series

Oh well. Thats alright,though I am a little dissapointed.

Damn Sierra! On the back of the Tribes II package I bought says

"Alternatively, brush up on your skills,offline, with the immersive single player campaign."

Fucking corporations....

Oh well, I'm getting the hang of online play now, so its not that bad :D