The Getaway

ordos45

I'm halfway through this game, which means I've only done the Mark Hammond storyline. However, the second storyline precedes the first, so I feel like writing this.

The basic story is:

You're an ex-mafia hitman named Mark Hammond. Your wife is killed and son kidnapped on the street. You end up working for Charlie Jolson, an old time Mafioso, who will kill your kid if you don't do what he says.

Weapons:

Pistol:Basic, aim for the head or its gonna take 3 or 4 shots to kill someone.

AK-47: Awesome in a way, it shoots fast, semi accurate.

Shotgun: Short range, high power, I consider it the worst weapon in the game.

MP-5: Machine gun, only available off dead SWAT team members in the Police State mission. It doesn't matter what you shoot body wise with this gun, by the time it stops firing your target is dead.

Features: You can steal cars and such, but this isn't exactly fun in the Mark Hammon missions. The cops are everywhere, and will hound you if even one sees you steal a car. It is not easy to take out 12 cops shooting at you, but it is possible.

Gameplay is good, controls are quite responsive on cars...and you can catch cars on fire, shoot out windows, or make tires flat with damage. You can shoot, but you have to stand still and aim first. (Heal by leaning on walls until bullet wounds disappear.) One mission involving lasers will test your abilities to be agile.

Storyline: 10/10

Gameplay: 7/10

Relative Fun: 8/10

Difficulty: Moderate to Hard on most missions. It has a fixed difficulty level, they don't kid around saying the missions are suicidal.

I got stuck on the mission at the police station where you have to take out that chief guy. I shot him like a bunch of times, once point blank in the back of the head and he kept on runnin away. After battling it out upstairs he runs downstairs and I am really shot up after fighting all the guys upstairs and I go downstairs and find that the swat team is waiting for me. I always die there....

I havent played the game in a while, maybe if i ever figure it out I will pick it up again.

Okay you need to use stealth. Follow him up against walls. You have to wait as he goes room to room, until he goes downstairs to interrogate Yasmin. Once he's down there you can kill him, but not before, he's invincible until he's in the room with Yasmin.

(Oh and if you do play it again and beat that part, make sure to kill SWAT guys for MP-5s...best gun in the game.)