Medieval...

Caid Ivik

It is less than a week since I've purchased this game, I can say it is a very good work. Until today I've roamed the Europe with Poland, Holy Roman Empire and Byzantines, but in each game I've found some confusing things. For Poles, unlike other catholic nations, I was unable to build Chapterhouse, what means no crusades...

With Germans it went without problem, just as when crusade was on its way, soldiers were disserting (including Teutons, which aren't easily obtainable) with enormous rate. If anyone played it here, do you know a way to slower that selfdestructive process? I thought it has something with province's Zeal, just I don't know if it can be improved.

And Byzantines. I fear there isn't other way to prevent crusade looters than destroying them...?

1. Poland can indeed not launch any crusades, as they never did take part of crusades in the past, it's historically correct.

2. I don't know what that is, my crusades never fell apart, well unless the enemy had vanquished 90% of my crusade army.

3. You can only let them pass through or kill them. Generally crusades are quite strong, and then it is a more logical option to just let them pass through, at the expense of some of your soldiers.

How can I improve Zeal stat? Converting Rome to islam wasn't hard with 12 imams (alims were not counted ;D ), but zeal was still same.

Well as the catholics it is easy as you just drop a few inquistors onto a province, but with normal religious units, alims, imams, priests, bishops, etc, zeal is usually lowered in a province. So as a muslim state it can't really be done. :-

One more thing. Is there a way to change imperial centre? Centre is where spawns your new ruler when old dies and you have also here some special titles for fellow generals. That's the problem of Poland. How many provinces it has on borders, 6? Terribly sorrounded country.

Today I've played for English. My kings spawn in Anjou... But whatever, Plantagenets... Have you already found the power of naval crusades? Just line of barques around whole coast from Wessex to Palestine, thousands of knights and men at arms with small addition of Templars, one sudden attack and Jerusalem is mine!

For English, there you need only first naval charge on Palestine. Templars made here are even more unbeatable. They don't have charge like Teutons or Hospitallers, but for longer fight they are best.

Anyway, sometimes I encounter "foot knights", they are also in manual. How can I train them?

Order Foot Knights are usual order units, like Templars or Teutons. They come only with crusade. Is there a possibility to force dismounting? Sometimes is foot knight stronger, i.e. versus spearmen.