Amtrak

1 Screenshot

About This File

Goal: The Mid-Atlantic. Amtrak has the East Coast passenger market sewn up, but you have plenty of chances to make money with freight.

Author's Comments: This is a TSC map. It is really a single player game, in that the victory conditions are not very meaningful for more than one player. There are at least 3 pairs of cities that you can connect at the beginning and go on to win, so it is reasonably balanced. I haven't tested it as a multiplayer map.

I've tried to make this map a challenge for a single player, so it is a bit different than many of the player created maps. I don't think you'll ever run more than 50 trains or find your company with more cash than you know what to do with. I've left out many small towns and cities in order to make the game more difficult. I also thought it would be interesting to see how a map works when an AI company clogs up the major cities. I'm afraid the victory conditions don't always work perfectly, in that the AI is occasionally pathetic and the Gold condition (Amtrak goes bankrupt) sometimes happens with no player intervention whatsoever, and so is as easy to get as Silver.

The terrain comes from the USGS 30" Terrain Base. I've tried to make the industries reasonably accurate, within the limitations of the game.

This is basically the same map as "B&O 2" which I made ages ago. I've cleaned up the terrain a bit and completely redone the industries and events.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.