New Mercenary Mission - Defenders of the Core

Feda

Hello everybody. I kept getting requests to release THIS mission, but I no longer have it. So instead of remaking it, I decided to create a brand new one, having similar idea: defending Harkonnens while they build up a base. This one is a lot more complex though.

Story: House Harkonnen suffered a treachery from some bribed harkonnen commanders who are working for the Atreides-Ordos alliance. They are attempting to destroy a very important Harkonnen sector. You're commanding a small base with the purpose of defending the Harkonnen one, being under construction. There are also some smugglers helping you out (Harkonnens hired both you and the smugglers).

There are 4 other enemies attempting to destroy the Harkonnens: Atreides, Ordos, Rebel Harkonnens (brown-black color, use 16 bit mode to display correctly) and the Imperial Sardaukars.

You do not have a Barracks because I wanted this mission to give you the feeling of a SUB-HOUSE, meaning that you DO NOT have a Construction Yard. You have 6 Wind Traps, 2 Heavy Factories, 1 Starport, 1 Refinery, 1 Outpost and that's all. Also, BUYING ANY MCV FROM THE STARPORT WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT LOSS. Most of the sub-houses missions (including mine) make you an unstoppable force, while you are not supposed to be stronger than any main house, as a sub-house. So that's what i tried to accomplish here: you help off Harkonnens until they get strong enough to release devastating attacks. The mission is challenging and fun enough without you having huge bases and tons of units!

In order to play, download the .zip file and paste all files in your "missions" folder. Then, open up the game and select ordos mission 7 version 2 by using the Mission Select screen. If you do not have it, open up a new campaign and play the first ordos mission (any territory). 

Thanks & enjoy!

core_def.zip

• Upvote 4

Why not just have an instant loss for the actual construction yard?

If you mean that I could put barracks with that, then yeah I thought about it, but then that won't prevent people to capture refineries, factories and other crap. Making an event to prevent all buildings is just bullshit.

UPDATE: Forgot to mention that you'll get periodic starport deliveries + you'll get trooper paradrops as long as high-tech factory is alive.

• Upvote 2

If you mean that I could put barracks with that, then yeah I thought about it, but then that won't prevent people to capture refineries, factories and other crap. Making an event to prevent all buildings is just bullshit.

UPDATE: Forgot to mention that you'll get periodic starport deliveries + you'll get trooper paradrops as long as high-tech factory is alive.

Not sure what you mean. I meant rather than putting the condition on the MCV, why not just make the player lose if they own the Construction Yard. That way even if they capture one they will still lose (or if they deploy the MCV). if you are worried about engineers, you can also add them as a condition as well (not sure how they would have an engineer without a barracks).

Not sure what you mean. I meant rather than putting the condition on the MCV, why not just make the player lose if they own the Construction Yard. That way even if they capture one they will still lose (or if they deploy the MCV). if you are worried about engineers, you can also add them as a condition as well (not sure how they would have an engineer without a barracks).

didn't think to just put a condition to make it instant loss if player makes an engineer LOL... guess was too morning when i had to deal with this problem xD. I might remake this

There are moments when by mistake, in the heat of a battle or something u click the "engineer" icon instead of trooper. So adding that insta loss for engies won't be such a good idea after all, could just end it all by mistake. I'll let it be as it is now :D