[Release] - Campaign "Revenge Of Atreides"

jbil1989

Hello everyone,

I have completed the campaign on Atreides. I tested each task at least 3 times. I did a lot of tests because my eyesight is not good. 😁 I recommend you play the game on hard option. My English is bad sometimes, I apologize in advance. I hope you enjoy it.

STORY

Atreides wants to destroy the traitors within himself, so we will be playing against Atreides units from time to time while playing. We will command an Atreides with limited resources. Because traitors sold our technology to the enemy 😁

NOTE:

I tested the last mission a lot. There seems to be a risk of the game crashing due to the large number of reinforcements. But it never crashed while I was playing. It will be useful to record periodically.😁

Best Regards

Some pictures from the campaign :

image.thumb.png.9d9a704a19df3b05a4d77cfdfb8bbb14.png

image.thumb.png.b4ef55b0664d01c21cd8e37357ef2f51.png  

image.thumb.png.877ff94aa901959ce8394320065f5120.png

image.thumb.png.34baa60ccb04c16bf220bf046326e731.png 

Revenge of Atreides - Mission.rar

• 2 months later...

hi, thank you for your hard work for making this campaign! I am already finish the campaign.. Is fun!

So i wanna give some feedback.

I got no crash / bug while playing this campaign, and I used a hard difficulty.

But the problem is, when the our allies already have a tons of units in the base. They really blocked my units from moving.
Because of tons of units, and they were just stay in the base and not attacking enemies unless got provoked/attacked.

Especialy at mission 6 & 9. The allies keep getting reinforcement but just guarding the base.

I hope my feedback can give you a positif vibe, cheers!

• 2 months later...

I started playing the early missions on this campaign, and I want to point a couple of things that you maybe didn´t notice.

First, on the first mission, I saw a quick blink of text that I could´t read. Checking the editor, I saw you wrote "1" in duration, this means that the message only last 1 tick:image.png.f0b9311a000b09e1780c3b90a644930e.png

Either you put a "0" there (this is the default, which I think is 400-500 ticks, around 16-20 in game seconds), or you write a different value, but surely not less than 400 to let people read it.

The second is, that I notice that on the 2º mission some walls were under my control, I feel that you weren´t suppose to have them and you put the wrong ones by mistake?
I cannot tell, but just in case I put the screenshot, with the "ownership" activated to let you know that most the pieces are on my control. If done on purpose then disregard this, if not, you may need to change it, mostly because "base under attack" got me confused thinking my barracks got attacked, and well, you can sell the walls for both movility and extra credits to train more infantry.

image.png.f7eef6074901890a488cfd8043b68243.png

Nothing wrong with mission 3

I am halway mission 4, and I already notice some guys going iddle, you forgot to put them into hunt mode

image.png.5b3bd33abd16f6686d820c37ea8499eb.png

Also, I don´t know the rest of the campaign yet, but it is a bit confusing figthing blue vs blue. I didn´t mind on early missions since they were only a few of them and they were iddle and just mean to be killed, but here sometimes I don´t even know if that combat tank is mine of enemy.

I completed mission 4 and 5, there are a couple of things to mention.

The main issue is this one, you blocked this entrance, which makes those enemies landing there unable to exit, luckily the mercs can deal with them with raiders and tanks, but still, this is kind of bad to have there

image.png.185a63d14691bc47863410f1737b57d9.png

The second is something minor, but worth mentioning. Your ally like to attack every piece of wall. Although this is not too bad, once the mission is kind of over and walls doesn´t matter Anymore, you have an ally that keeps wasting time, instead of just finishing the mission. This wouldn´t be an issue if the player has his own base and army, but here I just wish they just continuing destroying the remaining harversters and the few smugglers structures left, and more in a mission where destroying enemy buildings don´t stop enemy reinforcements to happen.

image.png.2b537be893201194f832329d97d39db4.png

You can change that here:
image.png.572c679d274cf145fd902cef58e89500.png

Just put 0,000 on all the 3 walls and they will stop doing it. you can keep it for the enemy if you want them to break through walls or something, but for an ally it is a bit problematic.

Anyway, I kind like the idea of having an ally with a big main force keeping the enemy busy while you sneak with the infantry to do damage that you wouldn´t do on your own, so so far enjoying the campaign even if it is so different than the usuals one, will keep playing nexts ones.

like awil mention, the ally getting really stuck because it stop sending units, this is also true for the enemy, the smuggleres (mission 6b) had a gallilion of units, I had to provoke them just to make them to move at all, and well, not just smugglers but pretty much every one.

And the main reason is this value, the Morale Attack building, that the lower it is, the more scared an AI will be based on how many units their allies died.

image.png.7622208318e6dda430c286b23b766f48.png

This is not a screenshot from your mission, I picked a random mission from the original game, but thing is that I know you are reusing missions, maps and ais from the original game. On the original game is not too much because the enemy doesn´t have thousand of units nor get lots of reinforcements and deliveries, so the AI becomes more pasive but won´t gather as many as your missions. Also, if you check the Ordos missions where you have an ally, you will see the mercenaries have "100" in all of them, to avoid issues with your ally not doing anything.

Now it´s up to you if you want to change that, and if you don´t do it for the enemy, at least do it for the ally on your missions, otherwise, they may get stuck forever since a Player will never stop figthing one way or another (and well, game will potentially crash when a frigate don´t have room because there is just too many units, either ally or enemy, just because it didn´t happen it doesn´t mean it cannot).

Here, a good reason to not give the Ai priority against walls, he will try to use the sabos into them
image.thumb.png.93487c1904134e0becefe7c842708aef.png

Edited by Cm_blast