[REVAMP] Summers' Solstice Campaign

Fey

On 7/22/2023 at 4:22 AM, lefiath said:

Thank you very much for updating this, this version actually works for me and I can run it at borderless in decent resolution, while the in game sound still plays. I wish OpenRA would put some more love for Dune 2000, but unless that miracle happens, I guess I'll keep coming to this release.

Thank you very much for playing! That means a lot to me :)

Do you mean that the patched maps in my prior post have eliminated the glitch for you? If so, that's excellent news! I apologize that that wasn't fixed prior to release, but we had no idea what exactly was causing it due to the nature of the glitch. I'm glad Awii proposed that it was due to the stealth units.

I still have more testing to do to make sure that update to the AI behavior doesn't cause any other problems, and actually prevents the crash. Any additional testing though is of great help! Many thanks.

No, I didn't download the fix, I wasn't reacting to any other issues other people were having, so I'm afraid I can't comment on that. I've only played campaign and experienced no crashes (as I wasn't playing with any invisible units).

I was simply praising your version, because it's the only version of the original game I can play that does work for me. The latest Gruntmods version sadly has some issue, where the sound wouldn't play for me in the borderless version, and that was the only version where the game would cover 100% of my display, for some reason, if I chose fullscreen and smaller resolution than my desktop, it just acted like windowed version, no amount of tweaking I've attempted would work, other than the borderless. And the game is quite unplayable in 1440p, you can't see anything.

Edited by lefiath

11 hours ago, lefiath said:

No, I didn't download the fix, I wasn't reacting to any other issues other people were having, so I'm afraid I can't comment on that. I've only played campaign and experienced no crashes (as I wasn't playing with any invisible units).

I was simply praising your version, because it's the only version of the original game I can play that does work for me. The latest Gruntmods version sadly has some issue, where the sound wouldn't play for me in the borderless version, and that was the only version where the game would cover 100% of my display, for some reason, if I chose fullscreen and smaller resolution than my desktop, it just acted like windowed version, no amount of tweaking I've attempted would work, other than the borderless. And the game is quite unplayable in 1440p, you can't see anything.

Oh, wow! Well, I'm happy that you're able to enjoy the game :) And glad to hear you didn't run into any crashes! Thank you very much. :D

Update: The patch to majorly reduce the likelihood of the stealth units crash is now included in the Dunemaster full package installation. I'll edit this post when it's in Feda's Mission Launcher 1.3 package too. It's also in Feda's Mission Launcher 1.3 package now. Details about the crash here:

Spoiler

This is not an update to gameplay! I am not touching this campaign anymore willy-nilly, I only did an update to fix a high-likelihood crash that could occur on multiple maps, the cause of which was only recently figured out! If you already played, you didn't miss anything, don't worry about it, it's all well and good :P

On 8/3/2023 at 9:47 PM, Nguyen Quang Luan said:

Thank you for this campaign, although it's hard but I never give up until all mission has passed
I have completed Arc 4 in 1 day (3/8/2023), nothing can stop my mind

Thanks so much for playing, and also for helping to test that stealth units crash fix! I hope you had a blast! :)

Edited by Fey
Feda hustled lol

10 hours ago, Fey said:

Update: The patch to majorly reduce the likelihood of the stealth units crash is now included in the Dunemaster full package installation. I'll edit this post when it's in Feda's Mission Launcher 1.3 package too. It's also in Feda's Mission Launcher 1.3 package now. Details about the crash here:

Reveal hidden contents

This is not an update to gameplay! I am not touching this campaign anymore willy-nilly, I only did an update to fix a high-likelihood crash that could occur on multiple maps, the cause of which was only recently figured out! If you already played, you didn't miss anything, don't worry about it, it's all well and good :P

Thanks so much for playing, and also for helping to test that stealth units crash fix! I hope you had a blast! :)

Yes, it's my pleasure to do all mission I have played, not only the test, I have enjoyed my fun and will do all mission and guide it for the next player to play

• Like 1