TSC campaign # 6: NEED HELP!!!!

biok

• 1 month later...

Hi biok, I've done it. Won gold at 2pm on the last day, using the 10% faster option to counter-act the hard handicap. Didn't touch the throttle, and was lucky enough to have no breakdowns, though on that timing might have scraped home even if I did have one.

I planned out how I'd combine cargo from different stations into full 6-car train-loads, then kept experimenting with which loco should do which trips; this led me into a surprising adaption of the plan (HINT) which I'd never have thought of first off. Note that to get the steel the extremities of the network at Duisburg, Saarbrucken and Linz must all be visited. On the Saarbrucken trip, a slight detour is advisable to get water.

The key is to use the different capabilities of the two engines to advantage (A4 faster, but T1 the better puller). This does not mean dropping red-flagged cargo anywhere. The last two trains should reach Berlin in quick succession.

Hope this is enough help, Richard