Question about campaign games as scenarios

anthracite

Another probably simple question:

I have RRT2 Platinum and I have a question about accessing the campaign games.

The menu lists 6 campaigns under classic (all american), and 6 campaigns under second century (alaska plus foreign, like mother russia, german, edelweiss, battleforbritain, siberian express). All have easy, normal, and hard choices, and I assume these are simply different settings for variables in same campaign files.

However, when I look with Windows explorer in the map directory, there are 18 files that appear to correspond to 18 campaigns, labeled #e01xxx.MAP, and another 18 windows media files labeled simply #e01camp, #e02camp ... #e18amp.

So how many campaign games are there? Just 12 (6 classic, 6 second cent)?

I think I have seen allusions to an Orient Express campaign, and a China one, and others. Where are these? I have unloaded from the Terminal maps that are described as "fixed" (i.e., repaired) campaign games and as standalone campaign games. I have no problems with the standalone versions, but cannot seem to access the fixed ones: I can see them in the windows directory, but not in the list of scenarios or campaign choices within the game.

Were there other campaign games in another version of RR2?-- I  thought Platinum was the latest and had everything?

I am probably missing something elementary here. What is it?

Thanks in advance

Actually, an even bigger chuckle; if you'd played #6 to a win or lose then the menu for the next 6 scenarios would have shown up automatically.

Even now, if you actually did complete #6, if you hit the Load Campaign button and load the one called After06, you will get the menu for #7-12 and if you haven't been restarting the campaign with every one you played (if you've played any-lol) it will also have the history of the ones you already played. These are the only ones that will count towards an eventual entry in the scoresheet. You can even go back and play them out of order to get improvements. Of course, when you come back the next day, it will be the most recent saved game you need to load to keep your history, whether its a mid-scenario save or an Afterxx save. Just do everything before you do #18, as then it goes straight to the scoreboard and there will be no After18 saved game.

I often do not play games to completion. I get bored when I am ahead and start another. Also, I had played several of the campaign games in standalone versions downloaded from here, and never bothered to do the actual campaign versions in sequence. It just never occurred to me to scroll right!

I wonder if there are other people who never discovered the rest of the campaign games?