RT2 Platinum(XP) and imported maps

After playing RT2 Gold (Win98) under WinXP by setting Win98 compatibility OK for ages, I've  just bought the Platinum (XP) version.  It's faster to load and works OK, but I cannot run any scenarios imported into the maps file. 

They're in there, and they look identical to all the maps around them, but simply don't show when playing the game.  Pt seems to be giving them the cold shoulder.  Anybody got any thoughts on this one please?    ???

First of all there is no essential difference between Gold and Plat except for the music access. The platinum "patch" 1.56 can even be used with the gold version, by changing the name of the exe file and adding the missing dll file. So I guess what I'm saying is if you are running gold with Win98 compatibility on yout computer, try running plat the same way.

The only other thing I can think of is that you never exit the program. Try exiting and rerunning so the map menu can update.

Othes have had this type of problem, and updating to 1.56 has solved it, so try that, again using win98 caompatibility.

Else just continue to use gold for the uploaded scenarios. The music gets tired quickly anyhow and it gives you a separate subdirectory to keep all those uploads in.

• 4 weeks later...

Er, thanks for the feedback and my apologies for not coming back sooner!

The problem hinged on my having too many versions of RT2 and I inadvertently renamed one of the holding files for maps wrongly - doh!  I only discovered this today when spring-cleaning.  :-[