General Discussion of RT2

HOW do I make overpasses? It seems that sometimes when I lay track I get overpasses, but sometimes I don't. HOW? HOW?? HOW???

Anyone?

Sorry, barney.  I can't seem to get that to work myself.  You're supposed to lay the track at an angle, not perpendicular, to allow both trains to run through the same cell without stopping.

In RT2 you can lay track at a certain angle and the trains will pass through each other. Kind of like simulating an overpass but not really creating one with a bridge. This feature was added in RT3.

In RT2 you can lay track at a certain angle and the trains will pass through each other. Kind of like simulating an overpass but not really creating one with a bridge. This feature was added in RT3.

Yes, but HOW is this done? Sometimes when I lay track at right angles to existing track, RT2 creates effectively an "overpass" that allows trains to run through each other. But other times when I do this, the tracks don't "overpass" and the trains have to wait for each other to pass through the square.

Anyone know how RT2 decides when it creates an "overpass" and when it doesn't? Or of any way to make it do so?

If two tracks cross over the corners of a cell it is an overpass.

If two tracks cross over the sides of the cell it is a crossing and one train must stop.

Yes, thank you immensly! I've never been able to figure out how it decided.