Battle for Dune: War of Assassins June Update

TeamWolf

Hey, another month has gone and it's time for a Battle for Dune update! We've been fairly busy with exams and other real life stuff, but we have still had some time to get some modding done! We've been working mainly on our latest internal build, Alpha 5 but more on that later.

Dune2k Wiki

Sometime ago, Dunewet came to me with the Dune2k wiki and asked me if we'd like a page on it. Of course, how could I say no? So we have our own little page on it explaining who we are, what we are trying to do, who the team are and also our FAQ!

So make sure to give it a visit and support the Dune2k wiki!

http://wiki.dune2k.com/Battle_for_Dune:_War_of_Assassins

Atreides Rifle

Due to our current Atreides rifle being a very low poly textured model from the old team back in 2003, we've decided to finally make a new one! Eeevil has been busy designing and modelling this weapon, we are going through many ideas with how this should look and what fits with the House in general. At the moment we have the basic ideas down but the size and details of the weapon are still very much WIP.

Art_Rifle_1st1.jpg

As you can see, it currently looks a little too big and bulky, not something a soldier wants to be carrying around in the deep desert.

Atreides Pistol

The Atreides pistol (as seen in the 1980's cult film) has been something we haven't been sure on for awhile now. The design and main shape of the pistol are alright but apart from that is looks really bad and just lacking in every way. Our first attempt at remaking it kind of failed so Fz007 has been busy redesigning it and remodelling the gun. Thinking more about how pistol actually look and work has given us a lot more ideas on how it should be, just see for yourselves!

pistol%20new100.png

pistol%20new400.png

pistol%20new600.png

As you can see, we've even made sure the iron sight is easy to look down through.

Harkonnen Jackhammer

Eeevil has once again been busy working on weapons, this time he is texturing the Harkonnen shotgun, the Jackhammer. As you can see the texture is a early WIP but the just of it is there. More to come of this next update but for now, have some images!

jackMcHammerHR2.jpg

Atreides Doors

If you have been following the game, watching the videos, looking at the building images, you would of seen that we really are lacking any sort of doors. Well we are finally designing and putting them ingame. Due to a lot of infantry rape from vehicles in open buildings in testing games and something we have been meaning to put in, here is the Atreides building doors by LR01.

LR01 also wanted to say a few words on the matter.

"We've used dummy doors for the Atreides for awhile (and any other house, so they will be made to) and now we have decided to make one.

atrdoor.jpg

Both the model and texture are made by myself, this is the first texture I have made.

It's a WIP, so the final will be better but I need to learn to texture so I thought this would be something nice to start with."

Tester Recruitment

Final Warriors Productions are looking for new testers! We are looking for testers to help look for bugs and other bad things in Battle for Dune and SCUD Storm. You must post the following information in this format or pm me here:

Name:

Testing Experiance:

Contact Information:

Other Info:

All applications will be looked over and interviewed, so make sure you have all your information correct!

That's it for this update, be sure to follow us on our site at www.battlefordune.eu or Indiedb at http://www.indiedb.com/games/battle-for-dune .