Emperor: Battle For Dune - Consistent Program Crash

ajbd90

Greetings. I recently installed Emperor: BFD on my system, only to encounter a rather annoying and persistent problem. After running the EA and Westwood Vids, the program crashes with an Error Notification. I have re-installed using the Install Fix, but the result is the same.

My specs are as follows.

Processor: Celeron CPU 2.26GHz

RAM: 1.00 GB

Video Card: nVidia GeForce FX 5200 128MB

OS: Windows Media Centre 2005 Edition (Service Pack 2 In-Built)

I am about to attempt an installation of the v1.09 Patch to remedy this problem.

Any information/possible fixes would be much appreciated.

The disks are completely legit, and in quite good condition. I've confirmed that they are able to install/run Emperor normally. The program isn't the issue.

I am using Norton Anti-Virus, but I have eliminated this as a potential source of error already. It has already been proven as compatible with Emperor, albeit some time ago on a non-XP SP2 OS.

The Error Message is just a basic '(Program Name) has encountered an error and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience...' and so on. I can provide the detailed error message, but it's damned long, so I'll only provide on request.