How do I gain access to unit graphics within Dune 2000?

tango_311

Hello everyone! I'm new here, but not new to modding westwood games. However here's the thing, I can't gain access to any of the game's graphics beyond the desert/ice tilesets, and the menu stuff but I really want some of the game's units, and structures, and even a few sounds. So if anyone can help me get them, or point me towards a program, I'd be very happy.

Thanks! Oh and hello Mr fibble, I expected to find you here  wink.png

I am not sure what game you're aiming at. Ie, Dune II has SHP files, but Dune 2000 does not.

Modding dune 2000 will be a big challange, and i would be interested to know how things would develop. No-one every succeeded to create his own single player map yet.

Dune 2 has several editors (map, unit/structures - editors).

So, what game are we talking about?

Oh. No what I mean is that I want some of the unit graphics from dune 2000 but really don't want to rip the graphics via screencaptures. I know how to modify dune 2. Been watching Mr Flibble with his mod over at the PPM forums. I just want to extract stuff, I really don't have the slightest clue about modding dune 2k nor intend to.

ah, in that case you want to read out the r8 files. There is a tool somewhere, i don't have it on my laptop right here. But it should be able to read out R8 files and dump all images as BMP.

Perhaps you're lucky in one of the older threads in this forum, since it has been posted not long ago as well.

The program is mostly russian (or was it something else?), there should also be an english version which is even harder to get. Perhaps someone can fill me in on this?

You mean there's a topic with said program's name in the forum? I looked through several pages of the forum before posting. Oh well I'll look again, and if anyone knows which program it is fess up please :P

EDIT: I found a russian program provided by Mr Flibber so I've found what I wanted. No need for this topic anymore ;D

• 3 months later...
The program is mostly russian (or was it something else?), there should also be an english version which is even harder to get. Perhaps someone can fill me in on this?

The english version of that russian program has been available here at dune2k.com, since 2004 I guess  ;D

This is the link (Dune 2000 Image Converter) http://dune2k.com/Downloads/43

best regards