The Communist Manifesto

I finally got to read The Communist Manifesto, pretty blown away.

One specific thing that caught my eye especially.

In a certain portion of it, there is discussion about overproduction and it's consequences. In these paragraphs it discusses the fact that industrialization and such will devalue the labor of the lowest classes in society. It will devalue it so much that the lowest classes will become dispensable commodities, who's jobs really mean nothing and have no deep value. It is in this time that the proletariat starts to get fed up about it's place in society, and if it goes too far than real opposition to the status quo grows.

This is so fitting to our times, at least here in america. With the growing divides in classes in this information age, and the growth of globalization where labor can be imported and exported, the lowest factions in our society have to work in service jobs. These jobs always pay minimum wages, wages which arent even enough to pay the bills over in this country. some folks say that our minimum wage is a living wage, but it is far from that moniker. WHat happens as a result is that a spouse or life partner has to take a job or two to help pay things off and maybe make some savings, or go back to school. As a result any children involved are not really raised by their true parents, and are raised by paid employees at a daycare. The children have little hope of going to college and have a much easier time falling through the cracks, especially since this family will live in a bad part of town.

Sorry I am kinda going off subject. let me go back a bit. With the growing divides in classes, you will see the lowest classes in their service jobs lose all value. They usually have no special training. It takes a will of iron to actually climb out of this scenerio. It is possible, but it is so hard to ask of this from anybody, let alone the poorest and most uneducated of society.

These folks have no real value in society. They are despensable, they can be exchanged by anybody else, even immigrants who cannot speak the native tongue of the country (many dont people see this as an insult, I do).  What value do we folks have in the underclasses? We have not had a special trade handed down from father to son. We get stuck at the bottom, and although it is possible to climb the ladder of success, it is exceedingly difficult.

I have one question. At what point is it proper for the prols of a society to unify against injustice? When has a system become unjust for it's people? When does a large portion of the fault  lay on the government? Since it is still possible for some to climb out of the lower classes, when does it become truly handicapped against the lowest part of society?

I dont know if my questions make sense. Or the whole post for that matter. I just kinda wanted to shout this all out. Anyways if someone could help me clear up what I am trying to ask, or even answer my questions, please do.

Oh, and another thing I realized. When labor in the lowest classes becomes so worthless, when the work holds with it no skills, the labor becomes so dispensable that unions and strikes hold no more power. Busting strikes is simple, because all you need is a bunch of unskilled labor to take the old labor forces place. This is terrible.

Also, drive is a virtue that many people dont have, at least not as much as other people have. If you dont have the same drive to succeed as others do, and if that drive is sucked away by the media, by the culture, by so many things, then how can the poor an uneducated succeed without the drive to do so? Where does that drive come from? If anyone can potentially succeed, is all the blame put on those who are at the bottom rung of status? Is it really their fault that they are poor? I refuse to believe this.

"At what point is it proper for the prols of a society to unify against injustice?"

Whenever a proletarian class exists, whenever injustice exists.

"When has a system become unjust for it's people?"

Injustice inevitably follows from insufficient democracy: where a society (not just "the state", but every significant structure in a society) is not rigorously democratic, it is liable to abuse and therefore exploitation. Exploitation is, in economic terms, the extraction of surplus value from labour. In other words, if you're being paid

At what point is it proper for the prols of a society to unify against injustice?

Ask me, I would say any society that has a lower class. We often hear how we all are born equal, and how all laws are equal towards everybody, but living in reality soon proves that this is not the case.

That isn't to say that capitalism is all bad or that it never should have existed. It had it's uses before, but now, when people live in such an advanced society I believe that we can and should start living as equals.

When has a system become unjust for it's people?

When the majority of people living in it feel oppressed. As long the majority can live a normal life, any system is probably good, but I guess time always shows the result of respective society. For example, look at Iran. Only 30 years have passed since the revolution, but it seems that people simply don't want such a society anymore.

When does a large portion of the fault  lay on the government?

It depends on what government we are talking about. A government that dictates a big country is wrong, because not everybody in that country feels the same. Governments should be on the size of city-states, small counties. Communities, where people feel close and know they have a say in something. A government the scale of US or China is too big and too bureaucratic.

The fault always lies with the government. When a government actively pursues an agenda that in any timeframe damages even some of it's people, it's wrong. It is even more wrong when it damages a majority of people.

Since it is still possible for some to climb out of the lower classes, when does it become truly handicapped against the lowest part of society?

We are going in that direction. Personally, I think that it won't change by "legal" means. People can slow it down, by more public funds, more welfare, but in the end, the lower classes fails. Like I said before, if a government actively pursuits a globalization and big-banking agenda, then the hope for the lower classes will soon diminish.

Busting strikes is simple, because all you need is a bunch of unskilled labor to take the old labor forces place. This is terrible.

And the fear of the become poor and left out in the streets...

If you dont have the same drive to succeed as others do, and if that drive is sucked away by the media, by the culture, by so many things, then how can the poor an uneducated succeed without the drive to do so?

They probably won't. It is not only te drive that leads people, it is the possibility of them getting what they want. Who would take you on as a lawyer if you don't have the proper grades? How would you get a position within a band when you never had the money for the musical courses?

Where does that drive come from?

As before, the possibility is important. How can you have a drive when you know you can never become what you always wanted?

If anyone can potentially succeed, is all the blame put on those who are at the bottom rung of status? Is it really their fault that they are poor?

Sure, anybody can succeed, but everybody does not. Some can fail hundreds of times, but still come to their dreams, others fail once, and their mistakes are felt for generations to come. And I say money is one thing to blame.

If you come from a poor family, you have one chance to get your grades right, and maybe you will get "up". But if you are rich, and fail once, you always have the money to do whatever you want to do (and if you really want to).

One can't blame the poor. They don't want to be poor, but their situation (and their surroundings) often makes them so. If all it really takes is a little will, then why is it that most of the people on this planet are poor? They simply don't have the drive, or the anything positive to look forward to. What drive would you have when your family is dying, you never had an education and the only thing you can do is run and shoot at kids the same age as you?