How do I play online?

SandMan

I can't get the server to work. Is WOL down right now? Or is there another problem... Do you have to register? If WOL is down how to use the other server that's been mentioned in this forum?

Thanks ahead of time. I just want to be able to play online...

I think I'm connecting to the servers because it comes up with information that appears different from the original WOL stuff.

I tried the XWIS server -I think and it came up with "XCC" and strik-team.net, but then it said my serial number was invalid and I lost the connection..

Then I put in the IP in the .../hosts file for the new WOL server or whatever it is now, and it just sits their trying to connect. Eventually Available Lobbies appeared in the background but the "Connecting to WOL" message never dissappears for me to select them.

Do I have to be registered or something? I'm just using a random username and pass right now.

get the .../hosts file to the original condition, thats the first thing to do.

next close any working firewalls and downloads and try to login to online playing, you dont have to register but keep in mind that if you use the nick "hotdog" for example and you wrote at the password "12345678", the only way you'd be able to use that nick again is to write that password (just save the nick, it will save you the time) after that cennect and you'll get to xwis server (where you get a different opening massage than WOL) we'll be there.

Are you using the xwiss tool? dont use it. And if you have changed the host file to the old wol server, delete the last line in the hosts file 159.153.208.17  irc.westwood.com and save the file. You now are forwrded to the right server. If it dont work ask me when iam on line muis2000dune@hotmail.com     

Okay, thanx, I can successfully log on now, but is it the server that's bad or is my connection not working properly because my friend and I can't seem to connect...

Also the game freezes and crashes at certain places on the server and I can't ever push "Cancel" or my entire computer will crash...

I'm hoping these are all problems with the server? And, if so, will they be fixed soon?

about the game crushing, next time before you login change the game grafics to 8 bit instead of 16, this and closing working downloads and firewalls will allow you to play as much as you want, tell your friend to do the same.

now when you get kicked out of the server when you press cancel there isnt much we can do, we kinda scrowed couse the xwis man olaf managed to get the games going, but in order to start a game you have to go through hell first.

he'll probably fix it when he sees all the new ppl comming and bring some life to his server so stick around.