Epic Dune 2000 Mod Update

harkahn

Hello. My name is Jason Holdsclaw. I was on this forum a long time ago as "harkahn".  I am the author of the Dune 200 mod known as Epic Dune 2000.  I had several updates I never published due to time constraints with school and then work.  In any case I just want to see if anyone is interested. There have been several subtle enhancements and changes, nothing illogical or out of place with the Dune universe, that make the game fit more "realistic" weapons and physics conventions. My friends and I have enjoyed this for many years, many more than the original state of the game. I hope some of you give it a try. I sent an e-mail to Madhi so hopefully I will be able to to hose the archive with the update .bin files on FED2K. Thank you.

I would suggest messaging Gobalopper if you do not receive a message from Mahdi in a day or so. Otherwise, Some Mod (Gob, Mahdi etc) should see this thread and reply to it that has authority to post files to the download section.

Not everyone checks their messages/email on a daily basis, and it may take some time to get a reply (Mahdi was online earlier today, but now seems offline).

If you made spelling errors you can edit your post by clicking on edit link.

How big is the file? If it is 5120kb or less you can zip the file(s) and upload/attach it to your message (click on Additional Options when replying to this thread).

Sounds great.

Hey thank Andrew for your help! Its been some time since last I was on these forums. In any case the archive is only 7k and replaces the 4 binary files: Armour.bin  Buildexp.bin speed.bin and templates.bin in the data/bin directory of your Dune2000 install folder.

Overall it gives the game a new balance, again based off of a mix of modern or sci-fi weaponry and feudal siege. Tactis and strategy are much more important as simply rushing probably will work much less effectively or not at all. This also makes for much longer games overall, so if you are into speed gaming, its probably not for you. You will also notice a few weapons and their effects have been altered... favorites include the new sonic cannon on the sonic tank and the lasguns on sardaukar.

It has been tested with multiplayer and single player campaign and is compatible with both. Let me know if anyone has any comments at j.holdsclaw@gmail.com. Thanks all!

[attachment archived by Gobalopper]