god emperor

fran

im re-reading GE for i wanted to find the spot in which norma and her spacefolding technology are talked about, as was hinted in another thread...when i found a phrase identical to an 'incipit' (or however you call those sentences at the beginnin of a chapter)

in MC (page 370 in the nel uk paperback edition): "there are no closed systems. time simply runs out for the observer"-the legend of selim wormrider-

in GE (8th chapter) the sentences are inverted but i think the words must be just the same (im reading a translation) now...do you think that some hidden link was intended? or was it only a very good sounding sentence so that it was used in the prequels too?

hope this question doesnt sound too silly, it really makes me wonder... :O

Well, despite the obvious differences between the original series and the prequels (mostly due to the fact that they were written by different writers, and yes, Brian Herbert is not his father), the fact that Machine Crusade was probably written with the intent to maintain the same basic points that the original Dune seris, including God Emperor, made, it is more than likely that we'll see some of the same philosophical one-liners.