Leto & Ghanima

Grallon

I've often wondered why Ghanima didn't join her twin in metamorphosis after bearing Harq-al-ada (sp?)s' children - which were necessary for Leto's genetic program.  Sure only one such mutant was necessary for the Golden Path but out of love for her brother (her "unique friend") - she might have decided to join him.  It wasn't too late by the time she reached say 40-50 - there still must have been some sandtrouts left.

G.

hmm I always thought it had to do with the bene gesserit philosophy ( which is very taoist) of the giver and the taker. That females usually are givers, and males are the taker. It wasent that paul was superior to the reverend mothers. He just said it perfectly in Dune. That since he was able to transmute the water of life, he became the taker. He was able tos ee death, able to understand the male orientedness of the universe. That the bene gesserit mothers were givers. You can see this in Dune, they talk about this. Paul couldnt have been the all in all so to speak. He was the KH. He did bridge the gap between givers and takers, but Leto was the one that could both give and take, the divided God. Female/male, Creator/destroyer, God/Man, yin/yang. Ghanima was more than the sum of her parts, but I believe she still wasent both, that she was still only the giver. Sheanna was the female that broke the barrier in my opinion.