I'm posting this to help people who suffered from the same issue as I did.
- sporadic freeze / crash of Dune 2000 Gruntmod 22.214.171.124 in Windows 10 64 bit
How to fix:
- Go into your install directory of Gruntmod
F:\Program Files (x86)\Gruntmods Studios
- Search for every exe
- Rightclick on every exe the search will find.
- Go to Compatibility settings
- Go to Change settings for all users
Run as 16bit, fullscreen optimization deactivated, run as administrator
- Hit ok and proceed with every exe
- Optional reboot your pc
- Done. The game should run like a charm for hours now. Enjoy!
Yes I am aware that you will technically not need to do this for every exe but I was to lazy to find all appropriate exes that actually need this. Feel free to enhance this fix by finding out the exact exes that need these options. Furthermore I also do not know which of these settings actually fixes the issue, again feel free to experiment and find out. I will gladly update this if I get more details to this, but for now I am happy that it works.