Wisconsin Rails

1 Screenshot

About This File

Goal: The upper Midwest is rich in resources just waiting for the transportation revolution -- railroads!

Author's Comments: You may find revenue rather thin at first if you carry nothing but passengers and mail. Success in this scenario depends more on carrying freight than passengers--there weren't many big cities here, especially at the start, but resources were abundant. The potential for huge industrial expansion was there, it just needed the transportation infrastructure, mainly railroads, to make it happen.

I found the easiest place to start was to run a line from Milwaukee to either the Racine-Kenosha area or one at Lake Geneva. An aggressive but feasible start is Milwaukee-Madison. I began my expansion by going after whatever freight was available in the immediate area, followed by expansion across the region. It isn't difficult to start in several other areas of the map, but if you have more than one computer opponent there's a very good chance he will start in the Milwaukee area if you don't. That's not fatal but it will make things more of a challenge because you'll have to work around him to get access to the area later (or buy him out).

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.