playing dune2000 online via hamachi server

AdmiralFF

Hi,

I made this topic becouse i know ppl are trying to get to play dune2000 against other guys online and becouse there are lots of problems to get on the online server so here we go.

You will need 2 things.

Dune 2000 version 1.06 and Hamachi version 1.0.1.5

If you didn't have upgraded dune yet go to http://dune2k.com/Duniverse/Games/Dune2000/Downloads/Patches and download the patch 1.06

Introduction to Hamachi

Hamachi is a program that lets you emulate VPN-like behaviour over the Internet. It basically sets up a second, virtual network interface and assigns a unique IP address to that. You can then connect to any other network, as long as you have its name and the proper password. Once you're connected, it is indistinguishable from a real LAN. You can set up LAN games and share files (with Windows file sharing).

Dune 2000 only works on version 1.0.1.5

Click on link below to Download

http://www.filehippo.com/download_hamachi/changelog/?2114

Join our Dune community on Hamachi make sure you type it correct as its case sensitive.

Network name: Dune-2k Networks Pass: dune

More networks i know of:

Network name: Dune 2000 Server Pass: Arrakis

Network name: Dune 2000 Server 2 Pass: dune

Network name: Dune 2000 Server 3 Pass: dune

Network name: dune2k-2008 Pass: 2008

If the network is full that means your not on the pro version. what you need to do is upgrade to the pro v 30day free trail. once done you will be able to join our network. you don't need to give any bank details when u upgrade to Pro V. also when the 30 days runs out you can still join our network and any other network that would normally be full if you were on a normal standard free account. The only down fall about this is that you get a popup every time you start Hamachi asking you to pay, just click ok to close the message. YOU MUST REMEMBER THAT Dune 2k ONLY WORKS ON HAMACHI VERSION 1.0.1.5, to download click on the link above.

Hamachi Dune 2000 setup

Step 1

Open Network Connections and right click on the Hamachi Connection and go to Properties

Step 2

Go down to Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and click install

Step 3

Click on protocol and then click add and follow the instructions until you get to step 4

Step 4

now scroll down to NWLink IPX/SPX/NetBIOS Compatible Transport Protocol and click Proterties

Step 5

Now in the Internal Network Number type 00000000 and in Frame Type Select Ethernet 802.2 and in the Network Number type 00000001 then click on OK.

All done you are now able to play Dune2k online using hamachi. Don't use the internet button again when you hitted Multiplayer button but use the LAN one (it will appear if u installed hamachi correctly like i explained up here)

Plz don't post in this topic. I made 1 where u can react on

Click here for that topic

http://forum.dune2k.com/index.php?topic=20810.0

Edit: Some peaple may have problems to join in the lan lobby (you can get in and you can't see the other guys or you are already in and the other guys can't get in - mostly there lan button will freez) Thats problem can come becouse of some routers.

To solve this you just have to open all ports from your modem to your Computers ip address, and from your router to your computers ip address.

If you don't know how to do this just add FOX4play to your msn (i asked him and he said he would be glad to help)

His msn add is xrideordiex16@hotmail.com

• 5 months later...