Railroad Tycoon 2 Plus The Second Century Campaign

Hi,

I'm new to these forums. I have been playing RT2 for 10 Years now and only just completed the classic campaign last week. I struggled for years on #12 - "when walls come down" but eventually got bronze. Ended up Gold:7, Silver:6, Bronze:5 playing in HARD.  Now I'm really struggling with TSC Campaign. Any one got any hints or tips for #2?

Hi Methuen,

I did the classic campaign in bits (play a few maps, switch to something else, pick up again months or years later) and got 18 hard golds. Often had to backtrack a few years (I saved them all, including the start position) but #13 (Croissants or Crumpets?) was the only one where I know I had to regenerate the map to get a better start.

There's been a recent topic on how to play classic #12. It went fine for me once I'd adjusted my thinking and realised the numbers were different so what was most profitable earlier - carrying passengers as far as possible - could be loss-making at this date.

I'm ahead of you on TSC having done #1 to #4, plus #6 (one difference is you don't have to do them in order!) but don't know when I'll start #5, so you may end up overtaking me.

I kept a record of what I did, though not in detail; for TSC#2 (Battle for Britain) I wrote that "the key thing is to send engines to collect the necessary troops from all round" (presumably collecting anything else useful along the way, e.g. grain to a bakery or milk to a dairy processor to make food, which that or another engine might come back for later). Repair first the track that lets the most engines move, not the one that releases a single trapped train.

enjoy the game, Richard

P.S. Tips for when you do #3 (Mother Russia): some things the briefing doesn't explain but should:

- There is no production; the loads waiting when you start are all you have

- What you start with is often more than you can see. Is 25 loads of something the max a station can show? well if you see the full 25 there could be 50 for all you know.

- Waiting loads stay until collected: you don't lose any, there is no time limit for collection

- Loads taken from one station in a territory to another station in the same territory count towards the territory's defences.