Solution to screen problem in XP

Manolito

Greetings,

I read thru your post and the thread that was attached to it and first of all - I feel your pain. Apparently, a lot of people have read your post and have this same issue, hopefully my experience will help some of them.I had this problem and (just as you stated) everything I tried failed, until I updated my monitors drivers and "viola" D2K looks good and runs fine in XP. I didn't notice anyone suggesting this, so there you are hope it works for you too. It is a frustrating problem to be so close and then "fail."

Cheers,

Danicus

Hello danicus,

Actually, this thread was my solution to the problem. I updated my monitor drivers, but it didn't help it. I might check for sure, though.

---

I think I found the solution.

Unfortunately, the menu screen can't be corrected, but try to change the colour settings to 8-bit in that menu (a bit of a hassle, but you can do it). When you run a mission, the screen is fine. A pity it's 8-bit, but better this than nothing, eh?

Manolito

The compatibility modus wouldn't affect anything, so you can uncheck it (doesn't matter).

Along with screen options of 256 colours, resolution of 640 x 480, it won't affect anything(, other than scaling, but that you could do with your monitor options).

The "-g" command is also not helping anything.

SO,

Run the game, change the game options to 8-bit graphics, and you should be fine, at least I am.