Improve AI and Game Patch

Hey guys, I was seriously into Emperor a while ago, however certain other things stopped me.

I wanted to get back into it, and I recall from this site there used to be something that would improve the AI, as well as something that made the minimap easier to see and I think changed the colour of a few multi-player colours or something to make it easier to distinguish...

I checked all the download links I could find on the site and forums and didn't see them, did they get removed or have I just missed them?

Hi, and welcome back. The short answer is yes you missed it. Go to the home page. Fed2k not the forums. click on the downloads link. then don't go to the Emperor section, that is just stuff from westwood, although you will need the 4 map packs and the 1.09 patch to get all the stock maps.  Scroll down to dune editing, and click on the Emperor mods link, Appo's mods that you are looking for are no 3 & 4 from the top.

A couple of notes-

I had gone over this with Apollyon, but I don't know if he ever fixed it. the AI patch doesn't actually work. Although it is a minor fix to make it work as he intended. He spelled the rules.txt file wrong and the 'Puter won't actually use it. You must rename the file from rulesT.txt to rules.txt

If you play online and use the AI, you can't use the AI patch unless every one is using it. And they have all fixed it. That's why people don't use it who play online. The mini patch is fine for online play though.

Hope this helps.

Do you play online?

If so what is your nik?

If you do, feel free to practice up and join our friendly tournament, just read the post here about it.

I did play online a few times, but I had a really bad connection and wasn't used to the frantic tech pace the online players had (only played against the bad AI).

No idea what my nick is either haha, been over a year.

I want to get back into Emperor and wanted to get these old settings I had up again.

Will have to check out the strats and get used to the hot keys again but I'm looking forward to it.