Atreides Rushing, The Fundimentals

GhostHunter

Okay, we've all seen the Ordos and Harkonnen rush, we've all seen the miles of chem's charging in or the endless buzzsaw's running over our infantry but what's a rare site indeed is the Atreides rush, and what's even more uncommin is a Atreides rush that actually dismantles one of a Harkonnen's or Ordos's. Regardless, I over time have gotton quite skilled with the Atreides rush, and though I am no longer as deadly with it as I once was the tactics and Atreides rushing fundimentals have stayed with me, and I would like to share them for the benefit of Atreides players who wish to counter the damnable enemy rushes.

An Atreides Rushing BO on QM Settings (I.E - 6k)

Upgrade Ref

Factory

Upgrade Ref

Fremen Camp

Upgrade Camp

Refinery

There's a basic backbone for a BO.

Concepts against all Houses:

- Always move to a better posistion at the start, aka infantry rock. Deploy your kindjal onto the rock and get a steady defensive posistion until offense.

- *ALWAYS* protect your mino, have scouts behind it to watch against Feydikin attacks, if you lose your starting mino your at a serious disadvantage.

- Remember: Bikes and infantry will not do it alone, combine feydikin/Sardaukar and mino fire to deliver the needed edge.

- Watch not to build mongoses/mino's to quickly, or your cash will get drained fast.

- Do *NOT* build snipers/kindjal at start, it is your DEATH, they cost *WAY* to much and will soon drain your economy.

- Early worm attacks are always a good concept.

- Build your refineries closest to the spice on your rock as possible, this will give you a needed kick.

- Concepts against House Harkonnen.

- Watch out for the missle tank! If he gets your mino your gone!

- Place your bikes somewhat in front of your infantry against buzzsaw attacks, and spread the men out.

- Remember, an assualt tank can take a mino out 1v1.

- Concepts against House Ordos

- Watch out for chems, they are devstating against bikes and infantry...But mino food if they get to close ;)

- Protect your base to, chem's can sneak in at anytime.

- Watch out against laser attacks

...I'll add more later, tired and don't wanna type anymore...

In the greatest words of Nav I ever read:

Holy spam, Batman!

Let me tell you now it isn't easily countered at all and you would, as indicated by your sheer ignorance towards this game, lose horribly to it every time.

it's extremely easily countered: quit under 3, the game is invalid. this rush can never work against any player who knows what he's doing.

furthermore, any decent Hark or Ordos will simply build much stronger units to counter all the piddely ATR units that Vilgent mentioned and proceed to massacre him and anyone else unfortunate enough to use such a weak strat. since i have declared that i won't share my expertise on this board any more, i will not state how specifically, but it is extremely simple to do and there is no possible way that the rush strat as outlined here by Vilgent would get past any even half-decent Hark or Ordos player.

• 4 weeks later...

how would you use the mino? if you had 1 or 2 it would be hard being it would be slow to relocate in time, and leaving it out in the open would make it vulnerable same with mongooses, you have to have more of them in more groups for them to be effective, same with minos, i dont build them untill later into the game when my army or sards bikes and reg infantry provide an adequate defense against hark and ordos