Warcraft 3 races

lowzeewee

how ridiculous, Blizzard is so stupid that they can't even apply their "Spell system" consistently! talk about incompetent design.

even so, all those listed anti-steam tank strats are not feasible. if a human has 20 steam tanks, your game is over unless you saw them well-before he started building that many.

in 1vs1 this is may not be such a big deal, but when you get to 2vs2 and 3vs3... sometimes you can't see the things in time. even if you see them coming out of the base of the guy who built them, they are still gonna roll right along and kill the player they are after even if they are chased the whole way by two or three seperate players.

block them with ghouls? ROFL. that's not gonna do any good unless he only has a few. when he gets to the double-digits, that would not have any effect at all.

raiders: who the heck makes raiders? raiders are like the Orni in Emp - never seen.

Wyrms lol.... who has enough Wyrms to stop 20 siege tanks?

it's especially funny how they don't even bother to list NE as having any units to stop that kind of nonsense ;D

if a human has 20 steam tanks, than that means that he has already used 80 out of 90 supplies, so he probably has 10 peasants... not likely

let's do a more realistic strategy. 2 heroes, 10 peasants a simple army and about 10 steam tanks that means that he has only 2 heroes and a small army. So you can fight that army with your own army probably twice that size. While he was building his tank army you could've destroyed him already in that time. So if you lose then, you lose because you have the wrong strategy

oh and what's wrong with the spell system?

steam tank = 3 food. 3X20 = 60. not 80.

what's "wrong" with the spell system? LOL

there are "magical" spells. but that's not all! no, there are also "universal" spells which are "not magical". that is probably the most retarded idea i've ever seen included in any RTS game. how can a spell not be "magical"? this is just Blizzard's offensively-sloppy way of trying to patch together an un-workable idea [namely, inclusion of spells]

if a human has 20 steam tanks, your game is over unless you saw them well-before he started building that many.

Who makes 20 siege tanks?

20*3 = 60. 60 of your 90 food supplies are then used. At least 10-15 are also used for your workers.

What army would you have?

My army of knights and heroes, aswell as a few mortar lads would stop your tanks + attack your base because you have no army to defend yourself...

unless you *see* them long beforehand, no you would not. 20 steam tanks can kill your base in 20 seconds or less. if you happened to have not seen them well-beforehand, or if you lost most your units to creeps, goodbye Cyborg! your base is dead, you Lose.

read the first post i mentioned this in to see where this imbalance gets exploited. it's not usually in 1vs1, as i have already stated

Well, the steam tank tactic require a bit of luck. It's either easy win or extreme loss.

I never build steam tanks, because I never need them. But if someone is fortifying himself inside his base with towers, I usually buy some mortar teams and some steam tanks depending on the situation.

But normally, I use the Archmage for tower destruction. It works very well against my brother and one or two friends :)

you are right, steam tank is indeed 3 food not 4, my mistake. But the steam tank strategy isn't very useful in 1 on 1 or 2 on2 games. The strategy is rarely used in such games and most often turns the game into a loss for the steam tank rusher. Only in 3vs3 and higher games this strategy is useful as you allies can back you up. But in 1 on 1, this strategy is way too risky, especially against a person of same skill

I like WC3 and think its a good game. Just not a strategy game in the traditional sense at all really. The whole thing is a bit too focused on heroes and massing. Splitting units up on WC3 is very, very rare. Especially on team games. And counters aren't as effective, as lets say generals. Combine that with the HUGE emphasis on unit micro and it just doesn't really feel as much strategy as it does action-RPG.

My fave race overall is Undead. I like necros and the new Crypt Lord looks rad.

Second favorite is humans. For soceress and blood mage.

And counters aren't as effective, as lets say generals. Combine that with the HUGE emphasis on unit micro and it just doesn't really feel as much strategy as it does action-RPG.

Well, counters are effective. Very effective, actually.

Let's say you visit my base with 10 frost wyrms, they would've been ripped to shreds by my 10 gyrocopters...

There are many other counters you might not think of, but let's say you attack me with 10 abominations, they would've suffered a great loss to my gryphonriders...

Well, gryphonriders are very useless, and I seldomly use them, but they are good counter-ground units.

Micro management is a big part of my attacks. Grouping my army into several groups let me control the battle easily, if not surrounded or meeting too many enemies, ofcourse. The heroes are a big part of your army too. They should be. But if you only had heroes in your army, you would be slain.(well, in most cases...)

well, i do not exactly agree about your gryphon opinion. But yes warcraft 3, like starcraft has a lot of counter UNITS...

But i agree with Phage that splitting armies never happens in Warcraft 3. I find that a bit sad. I love to do 2 or 3 way attacks. In warcraft 3 this is almost impossible. Also, i agree in focussing too much on heroes. I find it crappy to constantly micro your level 3 or lower hero out of battle as he is the primary target of all enemies, and if you don't look out, he'll be surrounded by enemy and friendly units before you know it and there's no way out.

Yes,nav!You can kill a person's base in a few minutes with 20 steam tanks!Yes!Your ally's base!

With only steam tanks,you will face a dillema when you get them CRUSHED by infantry units and have no backup units to defend your base but you can always to signal to your 10 Computer[insane] AI allies to help you fend off the 1 enemy Computer[Easy] AI,nav.

Yes,nav!You can kill a person's base in a few minutes with 20 steam tanks!Yes!Your ally's base!

With only steam tanks,you will face a dillema when you get them CRUSHED by infantry units and have no backup units to defend your base

to you and cyborg: you are underestimating the ludicrously overpowered and imbalanced steam tank strat. even if you have the most powerful units in the game, it still takes FOREVER to kill them. if he has 20, chances are your whole base will be dead before you even kill half of them. don't forget, that a War3 game ends when all buildings are lost. however many units you have left is irrelevant. if he kills your whole base with only 2 steam tanks left, you still lose! the only quick way to kill steam tanks is to focus fire, and even that takes forever to do. once you guys get more experience at this game, you'll realize that what i'm saying here it totally correct.

Hmmmm,I pity you navaros,you are running of excuses,so I shall just ignore your next few posts that I deem "invisible and off-topic",but remember,its at my discretion so I might still reply.

Steam tanks suck so much in a mass on themselves alone that they should be put BEHIND friendly frontline troops to get MORE protection to ensure SURVIVAL.

Hmm well Navaros is somewhat right here. Though my opinion is still that it is only effective in 3vs3 and higher games, it is true that due to it's fortified armor, the steamtanks are very tough. It does have some problems with siege weapons like the canon tower though, altough few people actually build those

However, the steam tank strategy is like trading one player for another.

"One of our players has only steam tanks and will be crushed soon. But he will crush one of you before he dies"...

*cough cough* as a very expirenced player in all fields of races and knowledge(ok maybe not the last one), but anyway i used to be very very very good at this game. my favorite race as of now is the night elves. undefeated as of yet, the best strat i got with a group say 4sv4 3vs3 2vs2 what have you, anyway its dryads, and priestess of the moon. dryads are very good against humans when u get the ability to be immune to magic. very helpful. i have successfully defeated every race using my get lots of levels killing NPC enemies, go heal at the numerous moon wells, max everyone out, run into the base with Sone WIndfall(my fav of the priestess of the moon) and cast starfall from the back, have all the dryads focus on peasents and then town hall, necropolis, tree or whatever. the tank strategy is a very good plan, but not against air, this of this i am undead, you are tank... i build a ziggy somewhere in a allies base(of course a necropolis also, cant build without that...) and use Wyrms and desrtoy your base, tanks cant attack air, so after i wiped out your base, i systematically wipe out your tanks.. easy as that... you can use the tank strat if they are dug in enough and are just build towers etc. anyhow from all my playing( which i played at least 4 hours every day) i learned to neveruse a strat u seen someone else talk about, because then people will become weary of it. this game is mostly about luck and some skill. never know what the enemy is building, so u never know what will work. good teamwork and knowledge wins the games.. nav your an idiot. the night elves are the strongest race.... humans undead are strong yes, but not as strong.. orcs arent that strong, but dang they can pack a punch with various strats... taurens, raiders own, wyverns(expensive as hell) they can all work if u know what your doing..

*cough cough* as a very expirenced player in all fields of races and knowledge(ok maybe not the last one), but anyway i used to be very very very good at this game. my favorite race as of now is the night elves. undefeated as of yet,

rather than address the silliness throughout your post, based on this here statement i will simply say: show us a link to your account record, mr. expirenced.

*cough cough* as a very expirenced player in all fields of races and knowledge(ok maybe not the last one), but anyway i used to be very very very good at this game. my favorite race as of now is the night elves. undefeated as of yet,

rather than address the silliness throughout your post, based on this here statement i will simply say: show us a link to your account record, mr. expirenced.

Yah we need to see some records here man, then I'll give you congrats :O Errrr and nav, why do you have to coat every post with venom when you could have just said "show us a link to your account" instead of insulting him outright... :(

well i stopped playing basic warcraft III a while back when i got chosen for beta testing for Frozen Throne. The stats. if i remember correctly, degenerate over time. i may be mistaken, but i think that works. but i can say that i used random about 700 times on my newbie accoutn and won bout 500 of course losing the other 200, lots of losses in human and undead as i started playing out as them since i was not wise enough to use RANDOM(which is the best in the world) soon as frozen throne(not the beta) hits my computer i will be more than happy to play anyone that would like a game.. lots of differences and strengths in Frozen throne.

ohh i would like to say i have owned Warcraft III since it came out, so i will happily play anyone who likes, would have to re-install it though.

well i stopped playing basic warcraft III a while back when i got chosen for beta testing for Frozen Throne. The stats. if i remember correctly, degenerate over time.

that stats do not degenerate as you say. there is a retarded inclusion known as "experience decay" which takes away your experience and Level for no reason.

but this does not matter. i just want to see your Win/Loss Ratio. experience decay never, ever, ever affects your Win Percentage or any related stats. so pony up the link. if you're 500 - 200, i'd be most impressed indeed.

tho based on your posts, i'd say you're more likely to be 200-500. prove me wrong, if you can.

*direct Quote*Players of level 11 and higher may also lose XP if they do not play a minimum number of games a week, as listed on Chart 1. Failure to play once a week--defined as beginning and ending on Monday at 12 a.m. Pacific Standard Time (UTC-8) - is counted as a single loss to an opponent one level below the player.*end of direct Quote* there ya go NAV there is that, im working on getting warcraft 3 to run.. my bro just happened t obuy frozen throne, soon as he gets it going and an account going i will use his computer and play someone who wants to see how good(or bad) i am. there are a lot better people out there, just saying i can handle myself. i will work on recovering my account name and password once io get the game running maybe it was Phate... who knows anyhow chow.

Well, i think warcraft 3 is a very reasonable game and i enjoy playing it. I even got Frozen Throne.

I like Humans for there casters and Gryphons (Steam tanks suck) my favourite heroe is Mage followed by MK

Oh and i havent tryed Frozen Throne yet.