Atreides-less Dune

cobrajc

I got the idea for this from Dust Scout's own God Emperor's Dune. But my differs alot from it. Basically Paul and Feyd have their fight at the end of Dune but Feyd kills Paul, not the other way around. As of such House Atreides is no longer alive but House Harkonnen is surviving.

You get to create a single House to play as. The Great Convention is as follows...

1)No Machine Intelligence

2)No atomics agaisnt others

3)No god-modding

The last one will get u thrown out of the game permanently...or unless you beg really well. I don't want any god-modding!

OK heres what the Imperium looks like. Turmoil. Chaos.

The Imperial Sardaukar are reeling from their first true defeat, shatterig the mysticism surrounding them.

House Harkonnen survives in Feyd but that is about it fo them.

The Corrinos are reeling from an almost coup and are very weak....oh yeah

ad the Atreides are all dead except for Jessica and Gurney and Hawat.

I'm playing as the mysterious Guild.

Well start it up people and may the bst House rule the Known Universe!

I started a thread like this once...Only the Guild Hieghliner carrying the entirety of House Atreides had a cataclysmic disaster, and all was lost. Its title was "Dune - A New Beginning". There were at least two sequels, which you may want to check out, as the original lies in the deepest depths of The Dungeon. You may find the sequels here and here. You might find some useful information to guard against the troubles in those threads.

since im using the Guild only as a moderator Im going to make my own house....

House Mecanik

Grand Duchess Carla Mecanik

History: Before the Btlerian Jihad the Thinking Machines had created an artificial ring world unofficially called Mecanika. The ring was home to some of Omnius's largest, most prosperous shipyards and weapons factories. Following the Butlerian Jihad a small group of humans moved to Mecanika and took the name of the ring as their own. Following the creation of the Imperium the people of Mecanika joined the Imperium as House Mecanika and have been a major supplier of weapons and ships to the Houses of the Imperium, after House Vernius. Following that the people of Mecanika opened the ring to settlement by others. The main family choose its leader from itself. The leader was one with the perceverince and integrity that was thought to be needed to control House Mecanik. The most recent ruler, Carla Mecanik, fought her way to the top by tricking her brother into resigning his position as heir-apparent of House Mecanik. This left only herself and her cousin to be chosen as leader. Her cousin later died of a shuttle crash on the opposite side of the ring. Carla became leader and has been troubled by rumors of her incapability to control the House. Her brother is still alive but wishes not for control, he is trying to be a scientist and discover the secrets of Mecanika. House Mecanik has only the ring world as their fife but they also supply a good deal of the armaments and warships for the Imperium. Carla currently is in orbit over Arrakis with her personal elite guard, the Spartans. There are only two hundred of them but they are very well trained, Zealotrily loyal to the leader of House Mecanik and armed with mechanized battlesuits (which makes them stronger and gives them heavier weaponry but they are still human). She arrived with the Emperor's summons to sed troops to Arrakis...meanwhile at home her brother has discovered something new and may start a bid for the throne of Mecanika himself...as soon as he can get the troops.

(occ: yes the House Mecanik may soon be engulfed in a civil war, but only if others support the young Lews Mecanik, otherwise it is peace the full way.)

To House Ginaz,

[hide] I wish to send one hundred of my personal elite guard to train with you to improve their combat status. I also wish to discuss a possible alliance between our two Houses. With your military training capabilities and the mighty weapons factories of my House we can become a force to be reconed with, or at least be able to stand alone without worrying about being attacked and destroyed by others. Honor is the way to go in this situation and I trust that you will make the right descision.

Grand Duchess Carla Mecanik of Mecanika

[/hide]

Lews area

Secret Communique to the Houses of the Imperium,

I have recently found something that may have profound affects upon my Great House...however, my sister would not use this new development for the benefit of House Mecanik and the Imperium. Support me and help me to bring order and justice back to House Mecanik and Mecanika!

The Deposed Lews Mecanik

Message to House Mecanik:

[hide]House Ginaz ally's with no one, we assist no one, we take sides of no one, we remain nuetral to continue our training. Your students are accepted with the normal fee, and eight year training to become full swords masters.[/hide]

To House Ginaz,

[hide] That is agreeable. I also ak that if civil war comes to House mEcanik you keep my troops tere so as to isolate them from the fighting. They come to you with this message.

Grand Duchess Carla

[/hide]

• 5 months later...