Whats Wrong With Emperor?

I think Emperor's great. I haven't come across a game to beat it yet...but I don't have many, so don't go giving me a list. The missions are good, the AI is ok, the individuality of the Houses is great and it has lots of wonderful features like CHOOSING who you want to ally with and having many sub-houses to choose from. Roll on the next game!

I've said this before, I'll say it again.

Next time you play emp, load up, then STOP. Look at the menu. Look at all the work that's gone into that. Hear the music, see the smoothness of the controls of this menu. Now, start a game. See the animations, the sounds - zoom in and out. FEEL the game. Now, PLAY. Don't click the mause soloey in order to win, enjoy the experience of playing and controlling. And if you don't like any aspect, avoid that aspect. But there's no point complaining. Firstly, there's no-one to hear you at WW, secondly, there's nothing glaringly wrong with it anyway. Just a few slight differences in balance that are really, just a matter of opinion.

Well spoken Nema.

And besides, just look at Yuri's Revenge! Sure, that game is great (I love it), but it's 100 times more unbalanced than Emperor! Yuri rules all. Soviets stand NO chance if they don't rush. Only the Allies are happily in the middle.

No no no!!!!!!!  Russian tactics are the only ones that work against Yuri!  Anyway, back to emperor.......there is not much wrong with Emp:BFD, but those things that are really can cause the game to get boring or annoying.

IMO, E:BFD is clearly the best rts game to date. In terms of graphics, sound, gameplay and 'feel'. (- fully agrees with Nema Fakei's post).

The visuals are simply amazing - the body movements of infantry are realistic - (reminds me of 'Flashback' on the good ole Sega Megadrive).

The sound fits the game superbly - has the right style and feel. Better music/vocals than any other WW RTS.

The gameplay is as good as, and maybe even better than, any other RTS i can think of.

And it actually does feel like you're in the heat of an epic battle in the desert.

Different layers of combat are available........ Ground..... Air.... and Stealth... Yes, Stealth could almost count as another layer of combat too! (IMO)

I am a fan of the DUNE novel/films so it was a bonus that WW used the DUNE theme for this 3D RTS engine.

The range and design of units are excellent.... really adds a different style of playing for each house. There are some really cool units too: e.g. Fremen, Sard elites, EITS, laser tank, kobra, IX.

The only gripe is that WW should have added just a  few strategic combat movements and formations. That would have given this game ultimate gameplay.

Oh.. and a full replay mode would have been the cherry on the cake!.... imagine sitting back and watching a whole battle in replay mode where u could zoom, in/out, rotate and follow certain units!  :)

The only RTS game that could beat this is the upcoming C&C Generals game. That looks a treat.... lets just hope WW doesn't spoil the game by adding too many unrealistic/fantasy type units to a game that is based on real world warfare/combat.

I've said this before, I'll say it again.

Next time you play emp, load up, then STOP. Look at the menu. Look at all the work that's gone into that. Hear the music, see the smoothness of the controls of this menu. Now, start a game. See the animations, the sounds - zoom in and out. FEEL the game. Now, PLAY. Don't click the mause soloey in order to win, enjoy the experience of playing and controlling. And if you don't like any aspect, avoid that aspect. But there's no point complaining. Firstly, there's no-one to hear you at WW, secondly, there's nothing glaringly wrong with it anyway. Just a few slight differences in balance that are really, just a matter of opinion.

There is no possible way that you can say nothing is glaringly wrong with Emperor.   If you try to compete online in Emperor and have lots of experience doing so, you would realize that lack of a working Refinery Waypoints function completely ruins the gameplay in many cases.  I could write a book on what is glaringly wrong with Emperor; anyone who thinks nothing is glaringly wrong with Emperor does not have a very deep understanding of the gameplay and nuances of Emperor gameplay, especially in terms of competing online.

There is no possible way that you can say nothing is glaringly wrong with Emperor.   If you try to compete online in Emperor and have lots of experience doing so, you would realize that lack of a working Refinery Waypoints function completely ruins the gameplay in many cases.  I could write a book on what is glaringly wrong with Emperor; anyone who thinks nothing is glaringly wrong with Emperor does not have a very deep understanding of the gameplay and nuances of Emperor gameplay, especially in terms of competing online.

Starcraft has had "harvesting" problems with their game since it's release, and they "cannot" patch it.  For instance, if you play zerg, you can't assign more than three drones to the same mineral patch.  If you play terran, your scv's tend to wander.  If you play toss, your drones get stuck.  Yet star craft and brood war are still by far two of the most popular online games in the world, so i would challenge someone that says a "Mining/harvesting" bug ruins a game.

Also, many people don't like that toss players can use one drone to make everything while terran players have to use multiple scvs to make different structures, yet people still play the game.  43,000 people a day as a matter of record the last time i played.  If someone looks hard enough you'll allways find something wrong with software, yet if you like the game you like the game, end of story.  

Oh, and i'll say it before nav tries to say otherwise

SC and BW DO HAVE PATHFINDING BUGS

everyone knows they do.  IF you send your drone to one mineral cluster, it ALLWAYS migrates to others

Yet somehow, somewhere, sometime, people find it in their pessimmistic little hearts to love SC and BW.  Maybe thats what happens with EBFD also.  Only gamers that can appreciate a games attributes and not focus on it's flaws can understand this

Navaros, ever heard of "feeling"? It's that aspect of a game that captures your imagination and makes you feel like you're "out there". Emperor is overflowing with feeling, yet you don't seem to notice it.

A good game is a work of art. Yet you're looking for something completely different. A completely predictable meaningless battle with mathematical precision in everything. I suggest you play chess. But wait, you need an imagination even for that...

Nav, you don't appreciate beauty. You don't appreciate a good game atmosphere. YOU LIVE TO WIN. Victory is life to you...

god stfu nav

i have played ww games for four years and this is the 2nd best game for game play i have played (behind TS) the graphics and units in it are 1st class and a joy to behold its a great game

if u actually learnt how to work round what is something that everyone has  to deal with u might stop bitching long enough to enjoy it but ohh i forgot u seem not to be able to learn --maybe something to do with u only playing newb's ::)