i need some help

ak47

when i run my emperor battle for dune game, it doesnt work, like i insert my cd, press start, then of picture comes out, but after nothing happens, the game does not load or do anything, why is that?

i read that post, i got it, i put the new emperor.exe, but now, it just freese my computer, this is the computer i have:

win XP -sony brand

NAV 2003

---------------------

what is the problem, they though tha the NAV was the problem but they said to add the file emperor.exe and it did replace it but it just doesnt work

ok i gatherd some data opn what my problem is, it must be NAV 2003 but im not going to uminstall it to play dune, but like the sticky post made quite a long time ago, untalkative bunny wrote that he has NAV 2003 and it wont work too with the solution. My dune used to work, with NAV 2002, i play it often online so lots of people would know me from here, ok this iswat happens when i have NAV 2003 and when i open dune. Picture (the attachment) come out, but after a while nothing happens, i doesnt load, nor does it create an error.......it has to be NAV 2003, but in the zip file that was from westwood, the emperor.exe. has anyone have the same trouble and had the solution fix completely and could please be nice enpugh to tell me? cause i really want to play with my friends.

Tell me if it was the same problem with you

thanks

[attachment archived by Gobalopper]

If you (and most of us) think it's NAV and you're not able to uninstall it, then I don't think there's much more that we can do. As far as I know, the solution is stated in the Norton - EBFD thread.

Also, as far as I'm aware, Symantec (Norton) isn't willing to look into the issue, so we're stuck with our own troubleshooting...

yea but like the untalkative bunny said that he cant work it too with NAV 2003, but he put the emperor.exe and it did work, i did that also and it froze my computer so i had to press alt cnrt del and yea know. damb i really miss playing dune can some1 please help :'(

prism dude, i know what is the problem. when i tried to replace the emperor.exe with the one with the zip, it didnt work niether. so do this:

in the zip file there is also "Setup.exe". u have to insert the install cd and copy the "Setup" folder to yuor desktop or somewhere else. then, extract the "setup.exe" to ur setup folder and run the file. now, after u finished to install the game, extract the "emperor.exe" into ur emperor folder and then itll work (or atleast i hope it will)

thats why i love this place, cause its the best, i thank you so much, and westwood for making this file, thank you thank you thank you

Ehhrr... it's merly by accident we (talkative bunny) discovered that this file solved this problem. It was created to fix installation issues...