The Order Of The Phoenix

Chani

Harry Potter: what a lame, asinine bunch of schlock

a boy who rides a broom? how "gay" is that? ick. not to mention teaching all the lil kids to go practice witchcraft/satanic rituals.

only a matter of time until we see a real-life Harry Potter-inspired massacre

And Teletubbies teach that strange colourful aliens with big black eyes exist somewhere in the land of rabbits. The kids who whatch Teletubbies will become TERRORISTS!

::)

Those things don't bother me at all in HP books, because stuff like that can be found everywhere. I can even blame a bicycle for ruining children's brains.

The thing that REALLY bothers me in HP books is the fact that J.K. Rowling has pretty much copied everything from Tolkien's works. I've yet to write the complete list of rip-offs, because I ran out of paper... Okay, I'm just that lazy. But yeah, a lot of similarities between the two series of books.

- Matthew

i heard on the news yesterday that many kids were flushing their living fish down the toilet, thinking it would "free" them since that is what they saw in the "Finding Nemo" movie

kids murdering fish is no different than kids murdering other kids. once they start getting some real witchcraft books - to be like Harry Potter - and reading about the ritual killings/sacrifices, they are gonna "try it out" on each other thinking nothing bad will come of it. kids are morons. this fish example should scientifically prove that. by the way, i am talking about several thousand individual cases here; not two or three. all within a few weeks of seeing one particular movie.

oh, and Scytale is absolutley right. Elves are very similar in size to human. the only 3 foot Elf is not really an Elf, but a Smurf. Rowling must have realized she would have got sued if she called them Smurfs, so she used "Elves" instead ::)

Yes, I understand the situation, but it's kind of rong to accuse HP in it. That problem is everywhere.

I've read about kids jumping off their cupboards because they wanted to fly like Batman. I've read about kids jumping off their balconies to reach the other building just like Spider-Man. And I think it's needless to say that the larger majority of those kids ended up dead or injured.

- Matthew

HP = Witchcraft? Please. :P But isn't this a subject for the Politics/Religion/War Zone board?

Harry Potter is a very good marketing strategy. Kids need the fantasy and cultural broadness that the HP literature introduces. I've seen the movies, they're pretty good. I haven't read the books yet though, I'm re-reading the Dune series right now, and God Emperor of Dune is looming ahead.

BTW, aren't the Elves in the Santa Claus mythos about three feet tall?

alright im a 17 yeard old male with an extensive knowledge of many.i repeat many books. i picked up a harry potter boot bout a year ago and found it interesting, and from there i have read every book and own the two dvd's. i myself find nothing wrong with Harry Potter at all. and like navaros is sayign that they for cults blah blah im a little nervour boy who is arafaid of chance, if Harry potter teaches kids to kill, then Kevin Cosner(last name?) in water world teaches people to grow gills, planet of the apes teaches people to act like monkeys, toy story is about how toys are alive and plotting things... ohh coem on ITS JUST A BOOK! a very good book at that.... u wanta argue start a topin in the debate board.. lets go, i have all of the arguments on my side.. lets go.. haha..

anyway i found ORDER OF THE PHOENIX a ver well thought out book, loved the ending ;) the person whouldnt have died.. but i think i know what will happen so we will next round with the next book comes out... hurry up and read those who havent finished.. very good book. i suggest to all my friends...

i heard on the news yesterday that many kids were flushing their living fish down the toilet, thinking it would "free" them since that is what they saw in the "Finding Nemo" movie

kids murdering fish is no different than kids murdering other kids. once they start getting some real witchcraft books - to be like Harry Potter - and reading about the ritual killings/sacrifices, they are gonna "try it out" on each other thinking nothing bad will come of it. kids are morons. this fish example should scientifically prove that. by the way, i am talking about several thousand individual cases here; not two or three. all within a few weeks of seeing one particular movie.

oh, and Scytale is absolutley right. Elves are very similar in size to human. the only 3 foot Elf is not really an Elf, but a Smurf. Rowling must have realized she would have got sued if she called them Smurfs, so she used "Elves" instead ::)

DAMN STRAIGHT NAV! smurfs are what elves are in harry potter, next she'll call moomins orcs