Muad'Dib's Church??

Emperor Harkonnen

I always thought the word church came from the Scottish/ancient celtish languages word Kirk which means circle. Tis a pagan link with stone circles. Worship sites, like. Much of the old churchy stuff in the British Isles has strong pagan influences. Weird irony there.

If church is based on Christ, it sin't very surprising. Remember, Christ isn't Jesus name, it's the shortform of his title, Christus, meaning the Saviour, the Redeemer. Paul is the Fremen Saviour, so it isn't to far fetched to call him there christus too.

edric my man! your posting here! hehe keep it up! we need cool people like you here.

not saying anything against all of you regular posters here, but you must admit, we are the dorks of the site.hehehehe :D

As I've said before on other posts, TMA, the regular posters aren't dorks, they're dedicated. Someone like the Bene Gesserits would be proud of that, now if we can just put the same efforts into bearing daughters instead of sons...

<Concentrates intensely>

Hey, hey, hey! That was a joke? Do I have to use the smileys to signify everything? >:( ;)

Maybe there's some things the Kwisatz Haderach (ME!) can do that others cannot.

Nema, you're right about the church being the institution, I belong to the Church of Ireland, which is a collection of Irish Protestant churches. Not necessarily one specific building. And anyway, technically a church is a people, not a building.

Tio Holtzwomann, I like it.

And I am male, just to clear things up. Or make things worse.