Help needed in final Atreides mission

Gert-Jan

Ok I'm in the Atreides final mission and I've about 10-15 minutes left to kill the Emperor Worm. All my ornithopters are destroyed by Ordos AA troopers and the units I move towards the Worm are slaughterd by unknown energy balls. Any suggestions on how I could still win this one?

Restart. Don't use ornithopters. Quickly destroy the tleilaxu base nearbly, and when you have enough forces, the "normal" base next to you. Build spice refineries like a mad, and colletc big army of fedaykins and elite sardaukars, and then just run to the emperor worm and kill it. By the way, the "unknown energy balls" are shot from Guild's airplanes.

And Navaros, I know that I suck... ::)

If you have the ixians as allies you can project units infinitely. They do real damage, but disapear after the first hit. I finished this mission with one lost units and about 300 enemy nits destroyed. That's how I killed the Worm too.

Good luck

I found that if you don't attack right away but actually sit and try to build your base up and get your spice going. Usually will give you time to build up enough forces. Use your Ixian projectors as they are vital to a good defensive start. I usually make minos and mongooses but anything will do. If your standing in your base looking down at the worm there will be a Harkonnen base off to the far right. Halfway Down the map to the far left is the tleilaxu base. Halfway down the base directly in front is that contains guild and teh other 2 houses your not playing as. there will be 2 construction yards. One of each house your not playing as. There is a guild mega cannon and an ixian cannon off to the right not quite halfway down. Along with a few other structures for the taking. If you dont bother these usually they won't bother with them either.

i found that with the Atreides that kinjal and fremen snipers are a good base defense (along with the ixian projectors working overtime to make units). Minos with sardukar own the field. use Minos to take out units and sardukar to take out the tleilaxu.

I hear contrary stories about those energy balls. Some people think it's the Guild Flyers, other people say it's the Mega Cannon. So which one is it? The balls seem to come out of nowhere:'(...

Aye, it's the mega cannons, and they can be captured by your engineers... The NIAPS (planes) are just to look pretty.

LOL the guild air planes are just for show just like the fremen riders and the oxen the guild mega cannon is what shoots those energy balls, theres also the ixian mega cannon but thats more rare you can capture the mega cannon when you have enough resources and use it to attack the enemy its most effective against massed windtraps do not use it on the emperor worm its a waste of time

• 2 weeks later...

Well...I'm not a very good player, though I think I can provide some experience.

There is a 100% safe way to destroy the Emperor Worm, which I myself had tested it several times.

To the south of you (Emperor Worm at the south-east of you) there is a base. Destroying it with a projector projecting their own units, Missle tank is the best option. (DONT project Devastor, it'll get destroyed before it can even fire, plus, it wastes your time.)

If you killed Ordos before this misssion, project the laser tank and attack their laser tank+APC+Deviator for max fun. After smashing down the base(If you want to be careful, I suggest you bring a small force there.

Then destroy the three closest living turret east of your projector to clear the path. Pick up the projector with an Adv. Carryall and fly east, sticking to the edge of the map. There's a 0.0000000000001 chance there is AA unit in your way so no fear. After reaching the Worm(I mean south of the worm),DO NOT drop the projector unless you wantthe Guild Mega Cannon destroying it! fly North-West to the Guild Mega Cannon. Project a Sonic Tank there and you know what to do---Destroy the Cannon! Fly back to the Emperor worm.

Well? Start projecting! Sonic weapons are most effect against the Emperor Worm, next Flame weapons and Gas(same effectiveness), then Explosives, last is Gun Fire. Once you start attacking the Worm the enemy will go psycho and order every, EVERY SINGLE unit to attack your base. Don't even care about them. Project 3-4 Sonic Tank and say saiyolala(goodbye) to the Emperor Worm. Rememeber! Spread the Sonic tanks out before attacking!