Interesting: Europes largest Car manufacturer started by Hitler

Hitler was nationalist and as such, he promoted industry "for the German, by the German". So he wanted Germany to get its own automobile industry and its own whattever constituted the spinal chord of economy sectors.

Fascism is promoting autarcy, production, strong economy, development of infrastructures and so on. Everything for the strength of the country.

The strength of the leader. Autocracy and Fascism centre around the strength of the leader. It's nationalism that supports the country; althugh it is possible to have both. I'm living proof of that. :)

Anyways, Hitler did a great deal of good, he just did so much bad that the good stuff (riddance of hyperinflation, Volkswagon, promotion of rocket science) was lost. Just as well really, nobody that evil deserves a favourable reputation.

The Nazi age was when Germany was powerful and the Germans were miserable...

But hey, that's the declared purpose of Fascism (to make a country powerful at the expense of the people), so no surprise there.

Edit: And like Dude_Doc said, the nazis discovered many things about harmful substances, because they were experimenting with them to find better and faster ways to kill people en masse. And they were free to perform whatever twisted and sick experiments they wanted, as long as they did them on "inferior races".

Hitler han Renault(did i spell that right? the racing cars are the best know that i know of), dont remember his first name, as a worker after the French surrendered, i guess when the war was over Renault was thrown in prison for helping germany. died a year later.. anyhow the germans were very interested in the car industry as in the time it was the best way to get around.