Generals, it is time.

Apollyon

Well, model-wise, why not re use what you can from EBFD?

If you keep the models simple (like they are in E:BFD), and you reuse the textures, it'd help get a workable alpha up very soon.

Anyway, Generals has very simple models too, yet it looks good. Key is the texturing.

Just a thought.

hehe, Apollyon, we could make a converter.

I had that in mind when saying that Emperor models are not good enough(and not worth the long time it takes to find a way to transfer and format the data)

You should be able to convert the Xbf models to use in Generals. You can save the meshes as MS3D files with the Xbf editor program. Then you can load them into MilkShape3D and export them to the 3DS format to use in GMAX. You may want to assemble the pieces in MilkShape3D and save as a single 3DS file, or you could assemble the pieces in GMAX. Then you could modify them and add bones for movement. The texture coordinates should still be good after the conversion, so you could use some of the textures from Emperor to save some time if you wanted to.

So far, my attempts at modifying the GLA RocketBuggy into a Harkonnen Rocket Tank have failed.

This is funny:

I opened the ini.big file and replaced the ini file already there with a modified one.

The game crashed.

Then I switched the files back, and the game still crashes... ???

I have a backup, though.

So far, my attempts at modifying the GLA RocketBuggy into a Harkonnen Rocket Tank have failed.

This is funny:

I opened the ini.big file and replaced the ini file already there with a modified one.

The game crashed.

Then I switched the files back, and the game still crashes... ???

I have a backup, though.

Just put modified INIs in a folder called INI in data or something.

a bit off-topic, but Adrian, the last xbf editor I checked only showed one mesh part at the time.

Is it possible for you to make all the meshes visible, so you have a clue of which part of the model you're working with?

The 2k version is the latest version of the Xbf viewer/editor program.

I'm not planning any further updates at this time, so if you want to view the meshes together, you'll need to use the Extract Mesh function to save the meshes to MS3D files and load them into Milkshape3D. In many cases, the unit or building should be assembled correctly, in other cases you may need to move and/or scale some meshes. Also, some of the meshes in the Xbf files are not parts of the unit or building and others are things like lights or jet exhaust.

• 1 month later...