The God Emperor's Dune

Dante

There were shocks echoing throughout the room as Leto departed, murmurs from the choas. Leto stood up firmly.

"QUITE!" The muttering hushed down as Leto stood.

"Since the Atreides throne has finally ceased to exist, I, Leto Vernius, ask for a legislative ruling which shall put House Vernius on the throne to aviod choas."

occ: i dint say i was out yet! i will be if you let me make a new great house to play as! but you cannot become emperor immeadiately! and if Leto II is outsted then Arrakis goes under the Guild's control (dont argue with me dust scout). All i want is to make a new great house ok?

Leto II spoke up.

"I AM NOT GONE YET YOU VULTURES! THE ATREIDES THRONE STILL EXISTS AND IT IS STILL IN CONTROL! I AWAIT EVIDENCE OF NO MACHINE INVASION BEFRE I STEP DOWN! AND THAT MEANS NO FABRICATED EVIDENCE BY HOUSE VERNIUS!"

To emphasize his point Leto II smashed his fist into the table, shattering the delicate wood. Leto Vernius fell backward in shock.

"AND IF I GO TENTHE SPACING GUILD CONTROLS ARRAKIS, NOT ANOTHER GREAT HOUSE. EITHER THAT OF HOUSE CORRINO WILL GET CONTROL! I WILL NOT LEAVE IT IN OUR HANDS."

And with this he sat down.

Leto only smiled slightly and stepped feet away from the Emperor.

"I am making no fabricated evidence, my dear Emperor, the Guild seem's a perfectly legitimit source. And regarding your preferences, your voice no longer matters for every word you speaks spills out more ignorence then you could possibly imagine." Leto only shifted in his chair angerly.

"You are left with only one option, to step down peacefully and quitely forever embracing the Atreides name in the books of history...Or..." Leto said walking slowly towards the other direction.

"Be taken down.."

Leto II looked back at Leto and said one thing.

"Fine. The Imperial Throne belongs to the Spacing Guild."

And with that the Atreides name was retired to history as the greatest reign ever. Leto II would survive and become the God-Emperor of Arrakis, the planet he retired to, but that is antoher story. ;)

(occ: just keeping it in tune with the storyline of Dune)

House name: House Cobras

Leader name: Duke Joshua Cobras, unmarried and childless.

Fifes: The whole Alpha system, about twenty lightyears from Earth.

Planets: Alpha Prime, Alpha Secondary, Alpha Tertiary, Alpha Beta, Alpha Gamma. (Alpha Secondary and Alpha Tertiary are pretty much large asteroid worlds.)

Industry: Primarily weapons and weapon research. Primary weapons researching world is Alpha Secondary.

Military: Growing stronger but currently only compared to 2nd level Ginaz students (about a fifth of the Sardaukar but I hope that changes.)

History: Established after Johnathan Cobras saved the life of the Corrino Emperor Hassik III by telling him of the threat of atomic destruction on Salusa Secundus, thus allowing the evacuation of the Imperial family and the survival of the Corrinos. Following the Atreides takeover House Cobras started a guerilla war against the Atreides.

This is my new house.

As Leto II left the room Leto Vernius felt a hand on his shoulder. He turned around to see the young Duke Joshua Cobras standing behind him. A man who had become Duke when his father had been "eliminated" by Fedaykin. Leto knew he had a kindred spirit in Joshua, a man who had no aspirations for the Imperial Throne, but was extremely loyal to anybody who gained his trust.

"Leto, I want you to know that I will support you in your quest for the Imperial throne. You can rest assured that you have a strong ally in Duke Joshua Cobras. Besides, its about time that those BASTARD ATREIDES who killed my father get kicked out of the Imperial throne!"

Joshua snapped his fingers and a small robotic watcheye floated over to him on a suspensor field.

"Thinking Machines? What other kinds of shit will an ATREIDES think of to keep themselves in power. My first target in this kanly against the Atreides will be their base on Earth. For this I will need your support. Can you offer it to me?"

"I had no real intention of a Imperial conquest, but I was the uh.." He trailed off looking at the representitives around him.

"Anyways, the Atreides throne is done, the Spacing Guild controls the Spice, all we can do now is wait and see."

"True. But there is one thing I have learned. The Spacing Guild will not control the Spice for long. Besides, I have information that there is another spice planet. A secret planet. My agents in Leto II's palace found it in his memoirs. Shall we find it. Here," he handed Leto a slip of parchment, "meet me on Alpha Prime on this date."

(OOC-I hate to mention this Clanner, but people who make warnings don't get awarded entire systems. Be realistic)

Hidden Message to Earl Leto Vernius of Ix:

[hide]Do not visit this Cobras person. He was loyal to the Corrino, and I cannot imagine what reason he would hve to support you[/hide]

With the conferance over for the day, ending in the surprise abdication of Leto Atreides, Taraza sat in her shuttle, contemplating.

Message from the Guild to all Imperium:

We hold the imperial planet Arrakis, and the Emperor's throne. But the Guild was not constructed to use power; and thus we offer an alternative.

The War of Assassins shall now take place. We shall transport two or more groups of alliances to the planet Arrakis, where the military conflict shall begin. It shall be limited to that planet and the respective home planets of those who choose to take part. Politcal fighting is not limited. More than one group may take part in an alliance.

It shall begin when we decide it shall.

Curses! I had a whole plan set up! Ahh well...

Message To House Sarmizegetusa & House Vernius

[hide]The situation has altered in favor of war. The marshalling of allies must now begin.

To The Earl Of Ix:

We helped make your soldiers what they are. Let us fight side by side, against whoever would oppose us.

To The Lord Of Sarmizegetusa:

We gave you the military that now defends, and made possibleyour cultural expansion. Fight and stand with us.[/hide]

To the Sardaukar,

[hide] You are all that truly remains of House Corrno. Sure they still exist but in no position to command respect. I therefore ask for an alliance between your faction and my House. If you agree then you shall have access to the groundside and orbital weapons factories and shipyards of Alpha Tertiary. I await your response.

Yours sincerely,

Duke Joshua Cobras

[/hide]

To the Bene Gesserit,

[hide] I am currently in need of a "personal assitant." I have heard many tales of the prowess of the Bene Geserit Sisters and I wish to see this for myself. You must simply name a price and I will follow through with my offer. Thank you.

Yours,

Duke Joshua Cobras of Alpha Prime and all other Alpha Planets

[/hide]

To The Spacing Guild,

[hide] I have need of transportation to Arrakis of a legion of my elite troops. They will not participate in the War of Assassins but will be only observers in the conflict and possible mediators (with your permission of course). I strive only for peace in this burgeoning conflict.

Yours,

Duke Joshua Cobras of Alpha Prime

[/hide]

To Duke Cobras;

The Spacing Guild does of course, not force any party to take part in this conflict. However it is obvious that if you di not take part then you cannot have the planet, nor share in it should an ally prove victorious.

Spacing Guild.

To Imperium;

The Guild has found an intermediary to hold the Imperial throne on Kaitan during the War of Assassins. This minor representative shall have no military power, and is only present to ensure the smooth running of the rest of the Imperium.

Remember, during this conflict, the Spice must flow . Should it cease or even slow, the Guild shall choose a victor impartially [This is unlikely and I hope it won't happen].

The Guild.

Message to Duke Cobras;

[hide] We do not yet have any means by which to trust you, Duke. However, the Bene Gesserit pride themselves in being everywhere and nowhere. We currently have two opperatives working in your palace staff on your homeplanet, if you should like to meet them, they shall reveal themselves. If you should try to find them yourself, they shall disappear. The outcome of this, and your own actions, shall act as a guide to your tempremant for us.

The Bene Gesserit Sisterhood. [/hide]

(I trust that the marrige between the Ixian Leto and Jennifer is being planned? Yes?)

Notice:

The War of Assassins will begin soon, but first...

Each group decide on your official alliances and participation status in the war. When these are all decided, I will post them in one big post, and the war of assassins shall begin.

"Get the men, ships and vechicles ready, we are leaving, the war begins!" Screamed Leto impatiently pacing down the corridors of the Ghobey Palace. After hearing the news Leto had instantly took action by readying his forces for war, the attack meant to dethrone the Atreides legions would now fight for the throne.

To the Bene Gesserit Sisterhood,

[hide] I would enjoy meeting those that you have placed in my palace. I would never presume to find them myself, i have heard stories of the Bene Gesserit's skill at spying and blending in and I would not presunme to try to bust it myself. You have my solemn pledge that I shall not make any attempt to find your agents. I wish only to meet them.

Yours,

Duke Joshua Cobras

[/hide]

To the Sardaukar,

[hide]I would never attack House Vernius. I consider them a friend and will support them in the War of Assassins. If you shall allow me I will support you as well. It is common knowledge that you have recently acquired two new planets for military production. I give you full access to my weapons research labs. A recent invention should prove to be useful on Arrakis...

Sincerely,

Duke Joshua Cobras

[/hide]

To the Spacing Guild,

[hide] I have had a change of heart. I support House Vernius in the War of Assassins. My troops on Arrakis will support them and their allies.

Sincerely,

Duke Joshua Cobras

[/hide]

(OOC: Much has happened in my recent inactivity. Good. I highly dislike dull stories.)

Darius stepped forward beside the Earl Vernius, "Leto, there is something we must discuss."

The Earl exhaled forcefully, "Speak, I do not have time for pleasentries."

A chill ran down the Arch-Duke's back. His hand, resting on the ceremonial blade of his office, clenched, and his knuckles turned white.

You DARE dismiss--...control, Darius, control... a half-dozen scenarios ran through his mind in an instant, most having to do with this impudent Earl's death, He is annoyingly powerful and immature. He could very well spell the defeat of the known universe. But he is also the only hope for my House...For my life.

"Leto. With the Guild's control of Arrakis and the Empire, and certain war on the horizon, now is a time for concrete and powerful descisions."

"Yes...yes, on with it."

The Arch-Duke grimaced, then went on, "Leto, I speak of the future. Will you make our alliance permanent and binding? Will you marry the Lady Jennifer?"

(OOC: By the way, I find it rather...Intriguing, that the Guild has control over Arrakis. That is the *one thing* they would never do. (in the books anyway.) )

The hairs on the Earls back shot up. He turned around slowly, obviously a still a little dazed from the comment.

"Marr-.." He searched for the words, the thought hadn't crossed his mind the slightest.

He looked at the Ghobey leader who obviously was a little nervous already. Sighing Leto moved to the railing and leaned over watching his forces suit-up for conflict.

"I...I...I...Cannot answer that at this time." He sighed once more and leaned over the railing.

"She can however, come with me, and I shall see if I can tolerate her, I am not here to make foolish mistakes dear ally."

"...not here to make foolish mistakes, dear ally."

Darius hides a creeping smile behind his hand while the Earl's back is turned. Well, that is all I can hope for...No foolish mistakes.

"Very well, ally," is the Arch-Duke's reply.

Just then, Jennifer herself seemingly appears out of nowhere.

"Hello Earl Leto," she nods at Darius, "My lord."

"Ahhh, the Lady Jennifer, we were just talking about you," says the Arch-Duke, the smile now revealed.

"Oh?" replies Jennifer, with a smile of her own.

"Pack your things, you are to accompany the Earl on the war campaign," says Darius.

"Ahh, an adventure," she winks at Leto, "Just what I signed up for."

The Earl nods, and says, "0900 hours sharp, Starport 1114."

The next day, Jennifer stands ready and waiting at the Guild Frigate pickup point.

Alongside the rows of armed men, massive tanks, and supply equipment, marches a man small only in stature compared to the huge loads of arms set around him.

"My liege, there is a young lady," says an aide, "It is the Lady Jennifer Ghobey."

"Good," says the Earl.

"Send her here." The servant nods and quickly returns with the women.

He stands firm and still with a small, yet pleasent smile on the edges of her lips.

"Come over here my dear." She quickly walked over onto a circular pad on which the Earl was standing, a sudden jolt caught her offguard as it ascended hundreds of feet into the air and stopped suddenly, she looked up in the sky dazed.

"Dear Jennifer, look down, I want you to see the power of the man you accompany." See looked across the horizon and saw endless Vernius forces, he turned to face her slightly grinning.

"There a lot of things dear Jennifer, that you have to learn about me, come, for we leave at once."

(OCC: Yes, I know the Guild wouldn't take Arrakis. But it was Clanner's idea and he didn't seem to want to discuss it so I just repaired the situation as best I could).

So far we have A Ghobey-Ixian-Bene Gesserit alliance, And the Sardaukar and Cobras wandering around making friends. Riiiight. If possible could we have some hostile relations? We can't have a war without them...

Lillian of the Bene Gesserit watched from afar as Jennifer left with the Ixian Earl. Relations were stressed. If only the marrige would come to pass, then the alliance was official; a three-way grouping that could only benifit those involved.

But on the other hand... She knew it was aginst every part of the coda, but she was growing attached to Jennifer, almost like Lillian was her mother. And she was growing attached to Darius as well...

She wrung her hands, and left to report to the sisterhood.

Note left for Arch-Duke Darius;

Two Ixians just entered your service under the guise of armsmen. Probably just to keep an eye on you.

Second Note left for Arch-Duke Darius;

If you've found this then your cleaners aren't doing a good enough job.

(OOC-Okay Cobras... e need an enemy so... I'll just make something up :P)

he assassin had slipped into the Sardaukar Keep through a ventilating shaft near it's base. He had made his way through the numerous halls and into Culratha's anterroom, just outside his suite of chambers, and was cut to pieces by defense lasers.

The attack was attributed to House Cobras.

Message To Earl Vernius of Ix

[hide]I hope your alliance with us is stronger after the Cobras attempt to assassinate me. Should it be so, we will be meeting on Arrakis in a few days.[/hide]

(OOC-Sorry Clanner, but we need a war)

occ: well dont pick on me damn it! its like playing emperor but here are the teams:

four veterans against one noo. AND IM THE NOOB!

cmon you guys! i want some friends! i dont want to be beaten to death here!

look im sorry for screwing up earlier but i actually want some solid alliances.

but lets put the near-invincible sardaukar-ixian-ghobey-bene gesserit alliance up against a house that barely qualifies as a house major!

i know you all need a war but not against me please! i dont want to be forced to go renegade! please innoculator find someone else but not me.