The God Emperor's Dune

Dante

(OOC: Clanner: I appreciate your recent activity. Welcome back :) )

The Arch-Duke Darius Ghobey maintained a respectful distance from the God Emperor, as well as a respectful presence.

Another path taken, so would I sit, though the Arch-Duke quietly, as he mulled over the Emperor's words.

"My lord Emperor," Darius began slowly, "House Ghobey has always served the militarist endevours of the Imperial throne. And so we will continue. Your idea of an armed Heighliner is most intriguing, and you are the only person with the power to see it done.

"House Vernius is the traditional manufacturer of Heighliners, but, as I am sure you know, they have a history of giving mixed gifts. My lord Emperor, Tiera Tertiary is part of a large solar system, over twenty planets in orbit around a small, yellow dwarf. Tertiary's neighbor, Tiera Secondary, is a barren wasteworld, nothing more than a chunk of cold rock. A perfect place for...covert operations. It has mineral properties...untapped. A talented Navigator could easily pilot a Heighliner underneath its tectonic plates once a place is hollowed."

"However, Darius, these discussions always comes down to one point. One...question," Leto looks down at the Arch-Duke, eyebrows raised, "When?"

"Very good, my liege, operations can begin as soon as I return home. Within a matter of five months (posts, following the Arch-Duke's return to Tiera Tertiary) we can have the planet hollowed to a point for factory construction-- We need the mineral resources anyway. Factory construction will probably be another two, to two and a half months, and the Heighliner construction can begin."

A few hours later, the Arch-Duke returns to his quarters and finds a shigawire newsreel. Plugging the wire into a viewscreen, the Arch-Duke watches in interest as the new Earl of House Vernius explains the recent occurences on Ix.

After the reel completes its run, the Arch-Duke calls in a House messenger and composes a message for the new Earl.

To Earl Leto Vernius of the Machine Planet Ix.

[hide] Greetings Leto,

I was most saddened to learn of the Earl's death, but I am glad to hear of your planned changes for the House. Houses Vernius and Ghobey have oft been enemies, because of our paralells in business. Perhaps the new blood of your House's government should mark new relations between our organizations. As you well know, the Empire is a dangerous place, and the Emperor's tax rates continue to climb. Perhaps now is time for an alliance between our respective Houses, an alliance that will rock the universe! With this message I include the five hundred military units I offered your father as a gift. May they serve you well. Consider my proposal, they may serve us well.

Arch-Duke Darius Ghobey - Tiera Tertiary[/hide]

Message to the Emperor;

[hide] We suggest, in relation to House Makarios, that you allow them to proceed but make covert plans against them. Surround them with guards, boycott them economically. Thus they shall be unable or too terrified to move against you. If, however, they do; then you will have caught them in the act and have become more than ready to crush them.

Awaiting an audience, Bene Gesserit Mother Superior Taraza. [/hide]

With a small legion of Sardaukar and two Tleilaxu Face Dancers, the Bene Gesserit are making large headway into... possibilities.

Message to the Emperor;

[hide] We respectfully remind you of the laws of the Great Convention, that armed combat of any kind aboard or near a Guild Heighliner is forbidden and carries the strictest penalties. We are politically neutral of course, but we resent any suggestion of armed Heighliners coming into production. However, times are not always as they were. In exchange for a significant increase in our spice percentage we shall allow this affront to our property.

The Spacing Guild, Junction. [/hide]

(occ: thanx Lord_J. Its good to be back :D)

To the Spacing Guild,

[hide] I will increase your spice to levels unheard of if you allow the Heighliner-Warship conversion to take place. I will only need 5 heighliners, no more. For these I am willing to increase the amount of spice you get by 350% for 4 years.

Do we have a deal?

Leto II

[/hide]

To the Bene Gesserit,

[hide] Consider this your summons.[/hide]

To House Ghobey,

[hide] Funds and time are not an issue. Can this project be completed forwith?[/hide]

Message to the Emperor;

[hide] Agreed. The Spacing Guild does however, retain control of these Heighliners. [/hide]

Taraza stood outside the door, waiting to be announced. Not that he needed to have it told to him... He already knew exactly who was beyond this door. She pressed her hands against the wall, and recited the Bene Gesserit coda as far as she could, before the doors started to open...

To the Spacing Guild,

[hide] Agreed. The Spacing GUild will retain control of these Hegihliners EXCEPT when I require them for military operations. I feel that that is a fair trade don't you?

[/hide]

"Taraza of the Bene Gesserit!"

As the Bene Gesserit walked into the throne room she gasped at its vastness. It was huge, covering at least 4 square kilometers of space.

At the end of the room, on a huge throne made out of the rarest materials in the Imperium and shaped like two rearing sandworms, was the Emperor himself.

She slowly walked up to him, repeating the BG coda over and over again in her mind.

Suddenly Leto II was in front of her. She let out a gasp before Ghanima was right behind her.

Why were these two doing this to her?

Suddenly Leto II spoke.

"You have passed the test Taraza. I ask that you please teach your BG ways to my Fish Speakers. That is why I have called you here. The rest can wait until later, when we can be alone."

The fourteen year old Earl walked down the passageway of the Grand Palace showing no imparment from his fathers recent decease. Stalking in the shadows behind him was the Mentat who despite his great knowledge had not come up with the killer in the murder, though he did have a suspect..

"M'lord" the Mentat slowly peered in from the curtains. "House Ghobey purposes a alliance with us, but I sense treachery withen their words." The Earl turned around and faced him with a grim, leader face. Utterly amazing how this child has made the transition so quickly, undoubtfully the resilance in the Vernius blood line.

"Such as they plan something behind our backs, but yet wish to declare themselves loyal to our cause to off set us?" The Mentat tried to control his eye fluxations but it was hard, this boy was learning incredibly fast.

"Yes, that's my projection also but unfortunaly, I feel this is much larger then both of us take it to be." The boy turned around and resumed walking down the Grand Halls. Without turning he began to speak in a firm tone, almost that of his fathers.

"What, Guild? CHOAM? Emperor? Why would House Ghobey dare to try to trick us? They are quite aware of our production capibilities, and I'm sure they know of the stockpile of weapons from my father which sit in factories now. I doubt they would risk it." The Mentat slowly drew a dagger which caught the Earls eye cautiosly. Twisting it in his hands the Mentat faced the Earl.

"Ah yes M'lord" a slight smile came upon his lips "they use this like a blade, doube sided." A faint trace of understanding flickered in the eyes of the Earl.

"Mentat, tell them we accept their alliance, and get me the Guild right away."

Message To House Ghobey:

[hide] Alliance accepted, we thank you for your military units and are pleased of the new found cooperation in our Houses.[/hide]

Message To Guild:

[hide] We have produced a new type of hieghliner, far superior to anything in the past. Send five navigators here in six months, we will have a test run....[/hide]

Message To Sardukar:

[hide]Send your best men to IX, we request that they train all of our soldiers, the time for the Corrino name to be heard once more has arisen.[/hide]

To Earl Leto Vernius of Ix

[hide]Greetings young Earl. I am on my way to Arrakis soon. I will arrive on Ix on my way to discuss your thouhgts. 100 of my men wil accompany me, and they will either follow me to Arrakis or remain with you, based on the impression you make. Await my arrival.[/hide]

Message ot Emperor and Ix:

[hide] We agree to conditions of the Ixians, the Navigators shall arrive on time. However, we ask the Emperor; just who will pilot these Heighliners if you should gain control of them for military opperations?

The Guild. [/hide]

"Your Fish Speakers are female, and thus I assume this is why you believe that training them in the ways of the Bene Gesserit will be a feasable opperation." Taraza stated, doing an excellent job of keeping the tremour from her voice. "But I must point out that their power and ferocity comes from you. They believe in you with such fervour and it is with your training that they have attained their greatness. The Bene Gesserit use the power of the individual to benefit the Sisterhood. Thus any collective entity, such as the Fish Speakers, cannot become a part of what we do by their very nature. They cannot be re-trained, and that is exactly what it would take. To become a Reverend Mother, they would have to give up all faith in you, which would also irrevocably remove their abilities as Fish Speakers."

For Ix ONLY: [hide]

The transmittors have been hidden all around the palace, including the throneroom itself. We congratulate you on your ability to fashion these 'bugs.' Remember, the infomation they provide is part of your payment.

Regards. [/hide]

To The Bene Gesserit Sisterhood:

[hide]Greetings sisters, I offer greeting. We have recieved word of what you are doing for the Emperor, training his Fish Speakers. I would like to offer my personal misgivings as to this situation. I will arrive on Arrakis in several days, a meeting between us would be most welcome.[/hide]

Leto II smiled at Ghanima. Everything was going perfectly.

He was smiling for more than one reason. The Bene Gesserit had acted exactly as he had perdicted and so had House Vernius.

Everything was falling into place rather well...except for the small fact of the new Earl. He would be rather...unpredictable. Leto II had to entertain him here on Arrakis.

Leto II spoke aloud, seemingly to nobody, knowing that it would reach House Vernius.

"Earl Vernius, I request your presence here on Arrakis forwith. As soon as you get this please come. We must talk."

To the Spacing Guild,

[hide] Your Navigators will control te Heighliners but my Fish Speakers will control the weaponry.

[/hide]

Leto snickered and threw the paper into his chambers fireplace, it flickered and burned up instantly. To think the worm demanded his presence. It was quite pitaful in the Earls mind, despite his young age he caught onto things quickly. Moving from a corner the Mentat looked down upon his leader.

"Mentat, tell the worm that I cannot attend for some reason or another. And increase military production to 95 percent, we need even more force now." The Mentat only frowned but obeyed.

Dear Emperor,

I cannot arrive to your meeting on Arrakis because I am far to preoccupied with dealings on the home front. I am sure you understand the need for me to remain here.

Sincerely,

Earl of House Vernius, Leto.

Culratha stared through the port window of his military flagship, The Alkat'Atar, at the massive gateway opening beneath him in the Ixian surface. The massive entrances to the cavernous Ixian cities were well known for their large sizes and complicated operations.

The even more massive sight of Vernii, the Ixian capital, stretched out past the borders of the city entrance, expanding as the ship grw nearer. Even as the entrance closed behind them, the entire city could not be taken in from any single point.

The Alkat'Atar shook lighlty as it landed on the private deck that had been set aside for it days in advanced. Dock workers scrambled around, the dense suboids as the Ixians called them. The Alkat'Atar was quickly refueled through it's many ports, even before Culratha could step on the platform.

When Culratha did disembark he spent near a minute taking in the site of the massive city, and the glistening towards that hung suspended from the cavern ceiling, hundreds of tear drop shaped vehicles slipping between them.

The thin, white clad forms of Ixian Royal Guards came to meet him and the hundred grey and red clad guards at his own back. A taller, older man at the head of the group addressed him.

"Burseg Culratha, it is my pleasure to welcome you to Ix. The Earl awaits you in the palace. I have been instructed to deliver you to his chambers, where you will be able to talk privately."

"Thank you mentat," the man's position easily guessed from the red aura surrounding his lips. "And what of my troops? Where will they be led?"

"They will receive their own private rooms in the palace's lower level, where they can await your return and decision."

"My guards will not receive rooms. They would rather stand around my ship then accept your gracious offer of board. They will remain here temporarily."

The Sardaukar cracked their knees together coming to full attention, then moved into perimeter defense positions around the frigate.

The mentat bowed, turned, and began leading Culratha to the palace, where he could meet the most powerful person under the age of twenty, in the Empire.

Arch-Duke Darius bowed to the Emperor, "It will be done, Lord Emperor," and was dismissed from the chamber.

When he returned to Tiera Tertiary, the Arch-Duke learned of the new Ixian alliance.

"Good, send them an ambassadorial core, no more than five. Perhaps we can make some profit from this situation."

In the meanwhile, preparations have begun on Tiera Secondary. As far as the population is concerned, the Ghobey government is simply mining out the planet for mineral resources.

Mining Process of Tiera Secondary: 20%

Figiting slightly in his chairs Leto knew his visitor was on a few feet away. Taking a deep breath he looked as the large Grand Palace doors opened revealing hordes of House Gaurd's and one tall man, battle worn wearing the Corrino Crest.

Slightly smiling Leto stood up out of his seat to greet his guest.

"Welcome to IX, Sardukar..."

The right side of Culratha's lip upraised, he greeted Earl Leto with the half handshake of the old Epmire.

"Welcome to IX, Sardukar, I trust your journey was uneventful?"

"Greetings Earl, it is a pleasure to meet you. Our trip was long adn uneventful..."

(OOC-I hate to do this in this fashion, but I don't see how we can do it any other way :P)

...But regardless we are here." The Earl nodded at this taking in all the details of his ally, the stature, little expression of emtion, a true Sardukar.

"Now, you wish to test me somehow? Or how shall you determine if I am worthy of the ruthless Sardukars assitance?"

"It is not the worthiness of the leader of Ix that we wish to test, it is the worth of her soldiers we wish to test. You will bring twenty of your finest soldiers before my 100. If ten of these twenty can survive combat with their Sardaukar opponent, you will receive our assistance."

"Mentat dispacth team Alpha!" The Mentat nodded and quickly departed.

"Now if you will follow me, the battle shall begin." The Earl snickered, little did the Sardukar know that team Alpha were two time Swordsmasters.

The twenty Ixian soldiers, armed with ceremonial swords of great strength, stood before twenty Sardaukar Terror Troops armed similarly.

"Begin!" Shouted Culratha with Earl Leto to his right.

The Sardaukar drew their swords and rushed at the Ixians, The two forces met at once, causing deafening crashes and gurgling sounds as early wounds resulted. The first seconds and then minutes drew on with little result, but finally, the first victim fell. An Ixian, then a Sardaukar fell next to him, then another 2 Ixians, then 3 Sardaukar, then four Ixians, followed by many more casualties, but it was obvious the Ixians would pass the test.

"Report!" Earl Leto yelled to his nearby mentat.

"11 Fallen Sardaukar 14 of Alpha Team. We have passed."

Culratha smiled towards Earl Leto,"A shocking success. Your soldiers fought well. The 89 remaining Sardaukar will reside here on Ix and train your troops. Can I assume you have other plans you wish to discuss?"

The Earl only snickered as moniters flew down from every direction. There was a slight pause as pictures came up revealing hundreds of millions of soldiers with endless tanks, ships and weapons. The Sardukar looked awstrucken.

"Yes my dear Sardukar, there is something I wish to tell you about.."

Culratha quickly recovered from his shock at seeing such a huge Ixian force mobilized at once.

"What positions will my troops serve? They are all trained in command, hand-to-hand combat, and marksmanship. They are versatile, and can serve any purpose."

"Dear Emperor,

I cannot arrive to your meeting on Arrakis because I am far to preoccupied with dealings on the home front. I am sure you understand the need for me to remain here.

Sincerely,

Earl of House Vernius, Leto. "

Leto II crumpled up the insoy paper and threw it across the room.

"GET ME MY FISH SPEAKERS! THIS HAS GONE ON LONG ENOUGH! IF THE EARL DOESNT WISH TO COME TO ME THEN I SHALL GO TO HIM! AND MAY GOD HELP HIM IF HE TRYS TO DO ANYTHING AGAINST MY WILL!"

As Leto II stormed out of the room Ghanima picked up the crumpled paper and looked at it.

It was time she talked with Faradn (remember him?).

Things werent going well for Leto II. They were sprialing out of control so fast.

Ghanima smiled, but then again there was the Spacing Guild.

She walked out of the room, intent on finding Faradn.

It was time he became useful.