Turrets, which do you think is the best? (Warning: VERY LONG POST!)

Exo Etherial

Well powering turrets doesn't matter with me. I have never had an enemy who tried to destroy my power. They will often go for key buildings like the Conyard or Factory. And they need to destroy alot of windtraps before I get lowpower.

So I can pop out turrets with no power problem

I destroy the conyard first,so that no more barracks will be built.

Actually when you destroy their barrack first,they can build another[if they have enough time that is ;)].

But anyway,just destroy the barrack first if you don't want too much damage incurred on your units.

Don't concentrate all your money on turrets,its better to use mongeese as base defense rather than rocket turret actually. ;D

There is no such thing as an "experienced turtle" as they all die against good players, or in your words, "experienced, non-turtling players."

Nah, maybe no.

Once your turtling, experienced players or newbies won't make a difference. Because everyone does the same thing. Build a large group of units consisting anti-air (sard. elite, mongoose, missile tank), anti-tank (sard. elite, fredaykin, missile tank, mino, devastator, kindjal, etc) and anti-infantry (mino, warrior, sard, kobra, flame tank, etc) and whoever has a larger group of that wins. Thats the rule and nothing can change that. There's no tactics, build that huge group, mix them, have them close to the enemy and watch.

I usually see people destroy the baracks first, no baracks = no turrets, then the factory and then the construction yard.

Maybe barrack, construction yard abd then warfactory.

Why? Barrack first, as everyone has mentioned, it'll stop the play from building annoying turrets, ALSO stop them from building infantries which can also bring surprise attacks, then the construction yard, and once the construction yard is down, victory is basically rushing to your hands.

And the remaining warfactory would be close to harmless, just think carefully, what can ONE unit help against your whole army that has just basically flatten 1/2 his base?

If both his construction yard and barrack is down, 50% of the people would just either disconnect immediately, 30% would just do nothing and watch and the final 20% would hope to change the situation by either rush all units to you base (if close) OR keeping building units hoping foolishly

• 2 weeks later...

True 'nuff. But the gun turret is absolute murder when backed up with a few Buzzsaws, Flame, and Assault Tanks.

It takes a bit for it's damage to take full effect - about 2-3 seconds or so. But that really doesn't hurt it because 9 times out of 10 once a Gun Turret gets a lock onto the target and starts shooting the poor bast-*bloop!*-d has it's life expectancy measured in those 2-3 seconds. The Atry Machine Gun Turret takes about this long to finish firing as well mind you.

But it (Gun Turret) is also something of a peck-attacker. Utilizing many teeny tiny attacks in a small amount of time. Now, each of these attacks must smash into the target's armor, the armor as far as we (Minxed and I) can tell is constant. Which means that for each and EVERY one of those pecks a little bit of the overall damage is taken away. When compared to the 5-stroke slamming of the Machine Gun Turret... Eh-heh, can you say, "Holey Harvester, Batman!

1.) Hark gun turret

2.) Atr Machinegun

3.) Atr Rockets

4.) Hark flamer

5.) pop-up

6.) GAS

do you know that if a unit flies over the hark gun turret, it will DEFINITELY die no matter how fast it runs or even if it becomes stealth halfway in midflight (not possible). Coz when it starts shooting, it will ridicule the unit till it reloads or the unit dies. it's similar to the starcraft's rocket turret style: once it shoots, it will NOT miss.

Atr Machinegun: This one has to rule. But sadly, 1000 of these things can't beat a minotaurus (no turret can outrange a mino anyway)

Atr rockets: supreme damage quality against vehicles (if the vehicles get within its range). I do not want to comment further on this.

Hark flamer: No turret can kill Sardaukar as easily as this one. Even rocket turrets, machinegunners and gun turrets can't stop an army of sardaukar.....except this. however, it somehow doesn't do much against vehicles (nobody will be stupid enough to get his vehicle in the range of a flame turret), even though it's damage is considerable.

ordos pop-up: eats up power, incredibly short range (shorter than gas), no AA capabilities, but stunning damage against vehicles (THAT GET IN ITS RANGE! I REPEAT!). Hey, this thing can't even deal with sardaukar either!

Ordos gas: there are 2 things that this turret beats it's superior. 1.) range. 2.) Anti-infantry capabilities. but like everyone else has stated, it's way too slow and inaccurate to be an ineffective turret. don't even try building this. it's not worth that $550 which could be spent on pulling out more AA troopers.

Btw, the machinegunner can't hit air.

Yes it is very nice, the Guild Mega Cannon...

It would be even better if you could MAKE IT YOURSELF! :D But seriously, it is a good cannon if you know how to use it. Much like the Ordos Gas Turret, the range works against it. Unless your enemy units aren't moving, this turret is tops! Or if they are slow this turret is tops! Or if they aren't in the air, this turret is tops! Or, if they don't have heavy armor this turret is tops! Whoo-hoo!

You know I'm right.

• 2 weeks later...