humm shields?

In theory, yes. WW decided that shielded units would get a wormattraction of 7 for this. (usual is about 5). Not much. Perhaps it was meant to be offset by the effect of the suspensors lifting the shield off the sand.

But the suspensors would still call a worm...

They only done it for balancing. It don't matter that much, maybe they should have made that there always comes a worm on the battlefield when a shielded unit approaches the sands...

Why is it on some missions you can send a whole army of shielded units across vast stretches of sand and not see so much as a small worm? Not even an annoying voice saying, "Worm sign"   ?

And then when I only send out on, unshielded harvester, worms turn up like vultures to feast upon it?!?!

It says it causes a big explosion, it does that doesn't it?

But yes, in the book I suppose it is written as being bigger. At least both units blow up.

And, if all Ordos units are shielded, will it blow up when hit by a laser after it has been damaged so that it has lost it's shield?

Shields provide a damn good dampening effect - have you seen the health on those things? The laser reaction is a disadvantage - but it takes the cost of a sardaukar or a laser tank to kill a shielded unit, which isn't very cost-effective. (unless using projections).

Shields are a pain when confronted by a bunch of Elite Sards.  Scientificlly speaking the explosion is caused by the atomic vaccum caused by the laser hitting the shield, thus the shield  creates a type of over reactent atoms which in turn compress and explode destroying the vehicle.  But can anyone explain the connection between the exploding vehicle and the dying sard. (or other laser tank) :-/

I don't know much about the Holtzman effect, i only know that the effect can be quite irritating if you play Ordos. It attracts worms like crazy.

But thats the price you must pay. If you use Shields and lasers on dune.

By the way, is it me. Or does the APC has stronger shields then the Laser tanks?

It's because they have the money to afford it. They bought almost all of their technology from the Ix.

But yes it is still suprising that the Ordos are the only house that uses shields. Since House Harkonnen used shields in the movie.

*Nods to Jacob D and Edric O questionable. *

( I forget the darn green all the time. )

if you want to stop ordos laser tanks exploding when the y get hit by lasers go in to rules with a text editor ad search 4 "islaser=true" and put "//" infront of it and you lasertanks will no longer explode with lasers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does that come under cheating?