websites

drahgoon

I was just wondering how many people have their own websites

Does having your own webserver count ?

Havn't got a real public site anymore these days. Although I have a webserver in my "room" operationg 24-7 hosting a few sites among some other things. My site is more of a warning / introduction featuring the disclaimer and such for the rest, although that's not accessable when you don't have the appropriate client software. So not much to see I recon.

[ just a warning, if you are below 16 or 18 depending on the country you life in, you don't wan't to go there ! Don't say I didn't warn you ..]

I have a few, but I rarely keep any for more than a few months; I don't normally make websites about games and stuff like that. Right now I have one, but it is only for certian people to view; you wouldn't find this website to be helpful. I am planning to make another website over the summer that serves a different purpose.

www.Razielim.tk

www.zone.ee/mattart

They're LOK-based and wont be updated no more, since I have to concentrate on more important things in my life - drawing for example.

I'll be making 2 different sites in summer (with a team of people) - one for my online comic strip and one for my online gallery. Both will be php and contain my work.

Oh... if You're wondering about those Dune pictures... I got a work-tail that will get me some money in the near future, so that is mandatory at the moment. Uh... but I still haven't forgotten You guys. ;D

- Matthew

I was just wondering how many people have their own websites

Havn't got a real public site anymore these days. Although I have a webserver in my "room" operationg 24-7 hosting a few sites among some other things. My site is more of a warning / introduction featuring the disclaimer and such for the rest, although that's not accessable when you don't have the appropriate client software. So not much to see I recon.

[ just a warning, if you are below 16 or 18 depending on the country you life in, you don't wan't to go there ! Don't say I didn't warn you ..]

it didnt work probably because this computer can tell that i am under 16 or 18. >:D :P

edit: i guess that counts (web server)

If you don't have a public website, why do you put all that effort in maintaining that dedicated server with all its licences if you can't pay things back? (electricity, security and updates for example)

If you don't have a public website, why do you put all that effort in maintaining that dedicated server with all its licences if you can't pay things back? (electricity, security and updates for example)

First, are you under the impression that when you have a public webserver you get money for maintaining that ?

And my appologies if you have the impression that I'm doing it for free. The entire point of not having a public server [ besides offering non-publical material ] is so that people have to pay [ in some diverse froms ] in order to get access ...