i know how to kill a worm!!!!!

catso

heres what you do, you get at LEAST 30 troopers, and a few weak vehicle units like trikes. then have the worm eat the trike, and wile its still above ground, have the troopers attack it like MAD!then it should roar in agony and wave around and finaly slump on the ground in a bloody heap >:D

Worms 'roar in agony' when they eat vehicles, regardless of whether or not there is anything shooting them. ::)

From what I can see, you're wasting your Trike. What you should know is that worms are not intelligent, they simply go to the last updated location of a targeted vehicle. The problem is finding out which vehicle a specific worm has targeted. Once you have that discovered, you should find that the worm will ignore all other vehicles in it's path, or that are nearby, and head straight for the vehicle it has targeted.

Let's say you leave your Trike on the sand somewhere. Pretty soon, a worm starts heading straight for it. Now move your Trike elsewhere on the sand, but not directly over the worm. You'll find that the worm goes to where the Trike was originally.

The solution to killing worms:

1. Determine which vehicle the worm is after.

2. Move something like 10 Troopers close to where your vehicle was originally. (Of course, you should have moved your vehicle to some rock by now).

3. Let the Troopers stand there and shoot the worm as it passes by.

4. After about 2-3 full salvoes from 10 Troopers, the worm should sink back down into the sand. Problem fixed.

What do you mean by 'its dead body just sits there'? ??? Sandworms leave no trace of where they were when they sink back down into the sand. The only possible marks could be the craters left in the sand, if the area was shot up by explosive weapons or bullets, but Troopers leave no marks whatsoever. Maybe you'd like to attach a screenshot of the worms' dead body? ;)

Keep trying, catso. I don't think you're ever gonna succeed.

Though if you wanna cheat, some of the maps in the Atreides missions (I think) have open-mouthed dead worms gaping through the Dune sands. You could copy that ;)

And Ixian, I disagree with the statement "troopers leave no marks whatsoever" (2nd last line in your last post). They DO leave craters. :)

And Ixian, I disagree with the statement "troopers leave no marks whatsoever" (2nd last line in your last post). They DO leave craters. :)

They leave craters just like Siege Tank, Devastator, Trike, etc etc shots? ???

You'll have to show that to me someday, I'm 100% certain Troopers leave no craters. :P

;D

Ken,

First of all newbie means someone who started or is new to the game. Second I am not a newbie because i have been playing all different games includsing dune ever since they came out. I am a games master and definitely NOT a NEWB. HAHA

:D

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

you get at LEAST 30 troopers, and a few weak vehicle units like trikes. then have the worm eat the trike, and wile its still above ground, have the troopers attack it like MAD! >:D

I tried to kill a worm like that, I belived it would work!

That is why I totaly wasted 10 minuts of my life...

I took much more then 30 troopers because when a worm comes they just shoot it even if you

press "S" to make them stop and the worm goes deep and not seen, so what I did was to take

a lot of troopers (something like 70) and a trike, while the worm was close to the trike

I changed the speed to low so I can have time to move all of the troopers, when they moved they

didn't shoot at the worm and when the worm was about to eat my trike I pressed "S" so that the

troopers stoped, the worm rose up and at least 30 troopers gave her a good wellcome!

So, what happaned next???

the worm senk in back to the sand...

Ufter this poor experience one thought crossed my mind, mabye when the worm sinks into the sands

because of the mayhem above it never rises again... If so, that is the only way of killing a worm!

By the way, in the book DUNE nothing but an atomic bomb could kill a worm, who would like to try and see if it works here??

• 2 months later...

I was talking about ways which can be done in the game only.

But if you already mentioned it, worms can be drown, not the big ones of cource, but a smaller ones is drown for some weird liquid in them which reverend mothers use, the dose of life/death, dont remember.

And if you recall, there is one more way of killing a worm in the book:"high voltage electrical shock applied separately to each ring segment is the only know way of killing and preserving an entire worm" (kynes to duke leto, page 139).

Ophirus.

• 5 months later...