hostile n00bs should be NUKED IRL

Navaros

so i go onto WOL and i get a n00b moron in my game. i have QM setts on and he says "these are n00b setts"

i kick him out. it happens again. ANOTHER n00b comes in and says my QM setts are "n00b setts". meanwhile, the first loser n00b is flaming me very vulgar pages!

i kick the second n00b out, and he starts flaming me hostile pages too! wtf???!!!

then it happened AGAIN. three separate n00bs, all paging me obscene BS after i kicked them for saying QM Setts are for n00bs

argh NO WONDER EA got rid of the Ladders

I know what you mean completely.

I get obscenities paged to me every few games.

When I kick someone because they won't leave on their own accord if I'm waiting for someone, I get pages saying stuff like "what are you scared of?" and other things I daren't mention (and these are all from absolute n00bs).

It's a shame Emperor's come to this. Oh and glad to see that you're still playing Nav. :)

I don't let them get to me, if any response I give then is something like "oh big man you know how to curse."

or even "user is not online" it kinda confuses them ;D just like when I say Godbless you. They get all weirded out that I thanked them for cursing me :- and it shuts then up too ;) I remember an old Pastor once told me thats the best comeback you can use. I don't remember how he explained it but it made sense since your turning then other cheek and wishing God to bless your enemy. Something like that, it was at vacation bible school many years ago, a good 20 or more :O *hides senor citizen card* ;D

I have seen the following happen many times, in slight variations:

I enter a 2player game, setts--30k, pre, crates

I say, "no crates."

Crates are turned off.

I say, "thanks."

The other person is using Atreides with fremen and Sard.

I switch my house to Hark, and subhouses to Sard and Guild

The other guy says, "NO GUILD"

I either get kicked, leave, or ask why. If I do, the answer is like, "it's cheating," or, "nobody can beat guild"

It gets really annoying when the person explains that it is only fair when subhouses are fremen and sard, or that using ordos is cheating.

I have to play against newbies, however, because I don't like waiting for good games. I don't mind newbies; n00bs bother me.

lol, I love people who stack the sets for their strat. EG, I just played against a guy who had the sets at 25k prebuilt, on a map which was almost impassable to vehicles. Naturally, his subs were Fremen and Guild.

The stupidest move I made that game was accepting such n00bish settings. :P

It was funny when all his buildings just kind of blew up. I love Fedaykin. ;D

I know what you mean completely.

I get obscenities paged to me every few games.

When I kick someone because they won't leave on their own accord

I could understand if someone wanted me to leave because they were waiting for someone, but I would question why they didn't use a password for their game room if they were waiting for a specific person or persons to join their game. By hosting a game that anyone can enter, it gives the impression that you don't care who enters your game room.

If someone wanted me to leave because they were waiting for people, I could understand that, and would comply. However if they kicked me without a word and with no apparent reason when they had no password to enter their game room, then they are simply rude morons who deserve to be blacklisted.

It's amazing what a simple password can do, and the problems it can solve before they even arise.

EDIT: Hmm, I think this might be worth a look. ;D

How about trying to negotiate before kicking someone off?

Or at least explaining that if they don't like the settings, they can leave? Simply kicking them out is rude, and no wonder they take it badly, though, granted, it is not proper for them to subsequently harrass you.

How about trying to negotiate before kicking someone off?

Or at least explaining that if they don't like the settings, they can leave? Simply kicking them out is rude, and no wonder they take it badly

on paper this seems like a great idea, but in reality it's not practical to do this. if you start to talk to them, they will waste your time for 3-5 minutes; then leave on their own. after that, a carbon-copy enters and starts the whole process over, which wastes another 3-5 minutes of your time + the energy it takes to type pointless words to him for all that time. often, this cycle will continue thru several different n00bs which drives the host and everyone who really wants to play totally nuts.

also, during this time the players who really are waiting to play start to get mad and end up leaving the game as a result of the time this hostile n00b is wasting. to have them take up space in a game while trying to talk sense into them is very counter-productive because it just makes *everyone* in the game extremely mad whereas if they are kicked instantly then chances are a legit player might actually make use of the space that the hostile n00b would otherwise be taking up

Nav, considering your plethora of posts regarding noobs, it would seem obvious to an outsider that Emperor is no longer worth playing. Is that so? If even YOU find no competition in Emperor, why are you still playing it? How can you sit there in the game prep room and continually boot noobs because they want sw off or higher money or different map, etc.? The last time I played Emperor, which was about three months ago, I had to wait twenty minutes just to get a custom game. If Emperor is that dead AND there is no competition AND the "noobs" disgust you so much, why do you play it? Is it because, now that Emperor is dead, that you are actually, FINALLY, considered an elite player, i.e. a man among boys? I remember all your posts about how this strategy or that strategy was unfair, how this or that unit should be downgraded, how you just couldn't beat the better players like Acelethal because they were like gods, ad nauseum, etc., etc. I remember telling you that someday, when Emperor was dead and filled only with noobs, that you could finally be Emperor. But since EA killed the ladders, eliminating any real evidence of who's who in Emperor, even your dreams of being Emperor are gone. So, I ask again, considering all your complaints and the fact that Emperor is, "for all intents and purposes," dead, why do you still play it? :-

Nav, considering your plethora of posts regarding noobs, it would seem obvious to an outsider that Emperor is no longer worth playing. Is that so? If even YOU find no competition in Emperor, why are you still playing it? How can you sit there in the game prep room and continually boot noobs because they want sw off or higher money or different map, etc.? The last time I played Emperor, which was about three months ago, I had to wait twenty minutes just to get a custom game. If Emperor is that dead AND there is no competition AND the "noobs" disgust you so much, why do you play it? Is it because, now that Emperor is dead, that you are actually, FINALLY, considered an elite player, i.e. a man among boys? I remember all your posts about how this strategy or that strategy was unfair, how this or that unit should be downgraded, how you just couldn't beat the better players like Acelethal because they were like gods, ad nauseum, etc., etc. I remember telling you that someday, when Emperor was dead and filled only with noobs, that you could finally be Emperor. But since EA killed the ladders, eliminating any real evidence of who's who in Emperor, even your dreams of being Emperor are gone. So, I ask again, considering all your complaints and the fact that Emperor is, "for all intents and purposes," dead, why do you still play it? :-

i am shocked, you actually have one or two good points here. first of all, i dominated the ladder i was on even when elite players were around en masse. there was maybe 4 or 5 i couldn't beat, but that's it. back then i was still the Man, definitely in over the 90th percentile and probably most definitely in the top 5 players in the universe to ever use my House --- I certainly can think of no more than 5 people who have more QM Wins than me with my chosen House. just because i couldn't beat every single person to ever play Emperor - what i've accomplished is still mighty darn good.

yes, it is a tragic shame that Emperor is no longer competitive. however, right now I am in training, my son. must train to get my skills somewhat back up to par. although it's quite difficult when only n00bs remain and can put up zero fight against me. you are right, this sucks. but still I must train and re-organize my hands/brain from other games back to "Emp mode" in order to hopefully regain what i deserve.

you are also right that it's a great loss to this community that instead of getting my entertaining, creative, and highly-educational for those who wanted to learn Winning strats (and since I'm talking to you in particular, from thsoe who wanted to learn from a *non-cheater*, I must add ::) ) dialogues, all that's left for me to post about is how annoying hostile n00bs are. competition made for some great discussion and gave me the opportunity to teach lesser players how to become better thru detailed and informative battle reports - but since all competition is dead then i have nothing to work with other than talking about how pathetic and frustrating the n00b-pa-looza that Emperor now is, is.

to answer your question: the main reason I play is to train. other than that, I miss Emperor because of the great interface. I have not seen any RTS game that is newer than Emperor which has a good interface. The War3 interface sucks, the Generals interface sucks --- and I don't consider "struggling with an awkward, clunky interface" to be "Micromanagement" - a common misconception among RTS n00bs and the uneducated.

to that end, if you can suggest to me a competitive RTS with a smooth, intuitive, pleasing interface as in Emperor, then I would be very open-minded about giving that RTS a try and possibly even moving on to it. just don't tell me malarky like the ones i mentioned are too "complicated" etc. for me because it's not a matter of that, just a matter of me not having "fun" to struggle with an asinine interface rather than using my play time to perform real strategies

Hmmm. That's about the most civil post I remember from you, Nav. Thank you. I know you worked hard to become a very good Emperor player. I know it meant a lot to you. I will allow to fade the memories of you disconnecting on me, complaining about every aspect of the game, and treating people on these boards like sh1t. You have obviously become more mature in your attitude.

About your interface comments. I agree. The Generals interface sucks. And most of what you have said in the past about WCIII holds true. Right now, I have my eye on two sweet looking RTS games that will soon be released: Rise of Nations & Empires: Dawn of the Modern World. They both look very promising, but then again, so did Generals. I DO play Generals when I can, but I still have those two pc gamer killers to deal with: Job and family. I am getting somewhat bored with Generals, even after only about 100 games. People disconnect and cheat there, too, to avoid losses. People duck people like crazy. The game seriously lags most of the time. Anyhow, I'd suggest you look into those two upcoming titles. Believe me, if the Emperor multiplayer weren't so dead and EA hadn't totally abandoned Emperor, I'd still be playing it religiously because it's still the best RTS ever made. Later, Nav.

what is n00bs?

n00bs is guys with big mouths who talk lotsa nonsense but despite their nonsense and lies, they really really really suck at playing Emperor.

i got a big mouth but i'm an elite player so that makes it OK. it's the ones who suck at Emperor yet still with the big mouths that are n00bs who should be nuked IRL

if you suck and place yourself in subjection to me and all who are better than you, as you should, then you're not a n00b in my books.

Nav has been known as a FUCKWIT(Arohk) he *IS* a legend known as NUMBER 1 PUSSY

I remember him posting a thread about the Inkuine to powerful and should be downgraded. ROFL I still laugh about this.Ohh and you still go on about the pathfinding bugs even to this day

Everybodys a nOOb as you call it nav when you first start playin.But some are BIGGER then others just like when you started playin.You would have to be one of the biggest turtlers in this game.No one likes you cause your the biggest nOOb in emperor.

nOOb=cyrenius=nag=arohk

Have a nice day

Sarbaukar

Arokh,u23yo american,get a NIAB avatar ;D

BTW,try playing properly without playing 'mind gaMES' on the opponent by calling them losers and don't quit before 3 minutes,then see if you really deserve to get yr 300 pound swedish woman arse on the atr duke throne :)