Fav type of game,...rpg...

XxxbillabongxxX

RTS is the best. Longest replayability out of a good RTS. other games you'll get bored of in a short amount of time. after you beat a singleplayer-only game, it's never interesting any more.

Diablo II genre is also quite good because PKing never ever ever ever gets old. PKing is the best PC gaming concept since Sliced Bread

hehehehe

I been lurking for awhile :D

I can't say much about Warcraft 3. It crashes even worst than Emperor: Battle for Dune >:(

But I have played a bit of Warlords Battlecry and the addition of a hero that you build up over the course of the campaign is an improvement (for me) over the vanilla RTS game. (bear in mind I only play single player in games)

I was thinking in more of the lines of Jagged Alliance 2, or Age of Wonders 2 (I better get into the good books with The Gob after mentioning Warcraft 3 ;) ).

I prefer strategy games where the tactical portions has a meaningful effect on the overall strategy of the game, rather than it just leads to the "next level" like a lot of RTS games. For example, in X-COM, a raid on a down UFO leads to the capture of a high ranking alien, and some kick arse new alien weapon.

RPG elements (open ended character development) tend to get me more involved in the game. Say in Jagged Alliance 2, it felt good turning Barry Unger into a killer machine, whom can fix anything :D

hehehehe

I been lurking for awhile :D

I can't say much about Warcraft 3. It crashes even worst than Emperor: Battle for Dune >:(

But I have played a bit of Warlords Battlecry and the addition of a hero that you build up over the course of the campaign is an improvement (for me) over the vanilla RTS game. (bear in mind I only play single player in games)

I was thinking in more of the lines of Jagged Alliance 2, or Age of Wonders 2 (I better get into the good books with The Gob after mentioning Warcraft 3 ;) ).

I prefer strategy games where the tactical portions has a meaningful effect on the overall strategy of the game, rather than it just leads to the "next level" like a lot of RTS games. For example, in X-COM, a raid on a down UFO leads to the capture of a high ranking alien, and some kick arse new alien weapon.

RPG elements (open ended character development) tend to get me more involved in the game. Say in Jagged Alliance 2, it felt good turning Barry Unger into a killer machine, whom can fix anything :D

I got Age of Wonders 2... it's realy nice. not every popular, even though the reviews are all fantastic. It's realy one of the best, if not the best TBS games out here.

Flight simulations. Very closely followed by RTS. There's just no other feeling like the feeling you get after arriving back on terra firma at home plate, having flown 100 miles, penetrated enemy territory and air defences, and hit your target succesfully. ;) Or skimming above the ground at 50 feet to avoid radar detection. :O ^-^

Flight simulations. Very closely followed by RTS. There's just no other feeling like the feeling you get after arriving back on terra firma at home plate, having flown 100 miles, penetrated enemy territory and air defences, and hit your target succesfully. ;) Or skimming above the ground at 50 feet to avoid radar detection. :O ^-^

I'm a fan of flight simulators too.

Hey, Lowzeewee, did you change your Sname

Yup.Its now "The burseg lowzeewee",no longer just the ordinary boring "lowzeewee"

Anyway,there is this game called Army Men 2 where you can control each unit and use the arrow buttons and the spacebar to control them ;),just imagine controlling a mino and moving it manually using the keyoard arrows :)

So what is it categorized under ???