Requiem and Final Respects for Emperor

Westwood abandoned Emperor.  Most of the players have abandoned Emperor.    Even *I* get high ranks by mostly newbie-bashing, though *everyone* needs to newbie-bash these days just to get a good rank since very few above-average-to-good players are left playing Emperor.

Now, what is left of the Emperor Community has abandoned all hope at redeeming Emperor.  Threads in this Forum which use ample evidence to suggest the need for improvement in Emperor gameplay; or even innovative albeit far-fetched suggestions to bring life back into Emperor are scorned, despised,  and closed or trashed instantly.

This Forum was the last bastion for Emperor players to band together in an attempt to keep Emperor from forever being an old and un-playable memory.

There will now never be  any more patches for Emperor.  Not one new map.  Any user-made maps are irrelevant because no one other than the person who made it will ever have it installed.   Yet if only there was  a way to force mandatory-patching every few weeks simply to make sure everyone had the lastest user-made maps... Emperor would be restored.... no wait, forget that, the Emperor community, Gob, this board, everyone - has followed in EA/Westwood's footsteps and abandoned all hope for Emperor.

Emperor is truly dead.   Newbies haunt around a bit, but that does not change the fact that Emperor is now forever dead.

Gob, and all the players have semi-voluntrally forced me to give up hope for Emperor.   Pehaps having hope was naive.   GoodBye Naivity.  GoodBye Emperor.  You died a slow and painful death long before your time.  May all the corporate whoremongers at Westwood/EA die even much more horrible deaths well before *their* time.

I'll still post here a bit, and play Emp for a little while, but chances are when WC III ships, I'll not be seen in Emperor much more.

If you have any Final Thoughts or Fond Wishes about the death of Emperor, consider this thread a Memorial Service for you to state them.

Ehh, he did say he'll be around until WC3, which is unlikely to come out any time soon...

But nevertheless, I don't see what's wrong with Navaros that you all have to be so inconsiderate. I've known him longer than a lot of you, or at least, I've known him since the old days and I can confidently say that yes, he is a ducking moron, but nevertheless, he's a good, funny, and...good Star Trek fan :)

-Chudy/Doodie

Navaros, hear me out. I will make you an offer you can't refuse.

Ever wondered what Emperor would look like if ALL your ideas were put into patches? Now you can see with your own eyes. I WILL MAKE YOU A MOD WITH ALL THE CHANGES YOU WANT.

The only catch is that everyone else will also be able to get the mod and see what Emp would be like if you got your way. (this should be really fun, eh guys? ;))

Good idea. If he accepts, and that way shows he means it really, or not accepts, and shows himself as a cry-baby.

Then he should make a list now, here below:

V    V

V  V

V

Navaros, hear me out. I will make you an offer you can't refuse.

Ever wondered what Emperor would look like if ALL your ideas were put into patches? Now you can see with your own eyes. I WILL MAKE YOU A MOD WITH ALL THE CHANGES YOU WANT.

The only catch is that everyone else will also be able to get the mod and see what Emp would be like if you got your way. (this should be really fun, eh guys? ;))

That's a great offer, however it would not do any good because I play Emp to compete, not get my jollies all alone against the computer (esp. since the singleplayer campaigns in Emp are utterly horrendous).   Not enough people would download the mod to make it worthwhile.

hehe

you actually had hope  ;D

i'l hope i see you around on msn (just unblock me)

and for emperor...

its dead

just some bugs eating its guts for fun

yep....

about wc 3 :

i'l buy it

incl. dng siege

(if my exams are good :'()

so i'l just see you on MSN,good exams,eegh ::)

Nav, it doesn't matter if you don't co-operate, I'll make the mod anyway. :) It's not that hard to search for old topics of yours and see what changes you suggested...

It's not meant for online competition, it's meant to get people laughing their heads off. (don't hate me for saying this, but your ideas are hillariously ridiculous ;D)

Of course, if I'm wrong and your ideas are good for game balance, then this mod will turn you into a respected member of the community... so basically I'm putting your suggestions on trial.

i like you're idea about the mod edric. But Navaros reminds me of Saturday Night Live. There used to be a family called the Whiners or something. They always complained about everything. ;D

Great idea though. But nav, about the downgrading thing. Imagine. These are the units usefulness.

A

A     T

A     T     H

A     T     H

A     T     H

Then you downgrade them to how you like.

A

A     T

A     T     H

then you will still complain.