I dont know if anyone noticed...

Elite47

Ive been gone the last 2 weeks moving into my new house. I just got my DSL hooked up, but i still got my same comp :- I dont know if anyone still plays emp but its the only game i have and im still addicted ;Dso i will be playing again prolly.

Emperor is dead, but that doesn't stop the fact that a regular group of players still gather around to kick the dead horse. We're trying to get the Emperor Online DUne Day weekends set up. Something like once every month maybe the first or last so it will be easy to remember and constant. If thats to far in-between for th real die-hard fans to wait then maybe every two or three weeks. Maybe we can see if Gob can make something like a calender for us to mark up coming events, not just this one, and have it accessible on the front page or something. Is there any such mod for that Gob?

Welcome back Elite, See you on the Battlefield. Hope you have the Map-packs installed ;)

Emp died a million years ago (or close thereto)

having a few sucky players haunt the game, most of which are literally not even 1/10th as good as the real players who used to be around, does not mean Emperor is "alive". it just means that some people picked it out of the bargain bin and are now just starting it out. also, a few other people who were around for a lil while but could never compete with even the half-decent players choose to stick around because now they have the false sense that they are "great Emperor players!" simply because they can beat all their n00b competition. something they could never get before when elite and half-decent players were still interested, and now that there *is* no real competition in Emperor, they get a delusion of grandeur by thinking they are amazing. prime examples of n00bs who fall into this category are guys like "bestchris" and "harkdog" (not to be confused with harkdawg, the real player)

tho none of the above here applies to the original poster of this thread, it does apply to most others in Emp.

an RTS is dead when it is no longer competitive. Emp stopped being competitive for a long-time before the ladders were put out of their misery.

also, a few other people who were around for a lil while but could never compete with even the half-decent players choose to stick around because now they have the false sense that they are "great Emperor players!" simply because they can beat all their n00b competition.

That explains why you are here navaros :P

I think im one of the few thaT KNEW THAT gzaKILLA WAS NOT HERE 4 TWO WEEKS, ALSO, IU HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET PEOPLE TOI BUY IT AND TRY IT ONLINE, i go to gamewinners.com and go in the gaming forums and tell people about it, im not sure if its that effective though, buti will still try, you also might see me online as(suckazzplayer) cuz i really suck at the game and i dont have good strategies

• 2 weeks later...

Never Played Emp? I was playing emp while you were still in diapers. I PRE ORDERD IT! YOU HEARD ME I PAYED THE FULL PRICE PLUS SHIPING AND HANDLING FOR IT! Ha! I got the Music Cd, I got three extra units for a month while everyone else didnt. And i played it like mad for about two monts before i stoped!

SO :P

I was never as good as Nav mind you but i was trying....to bad i lost all the discs and stuff