Arteidies defense against early rush

Duncan_ghola

Would you like you point out my error please?

The buzsaw has way more armour then the bike, it's not a scout's health difference.

Using 4 mongooses 1 minotaur, 4 mongooses 1 minotaur combinations against buzsaws is wrong, using minotaurs alone will be enough.

"The buzsaw has way more armour then the bike, it's not a scout's health difference."

How about no?

Their health's difference is about 200, and that is just about the scout's full health. If you don't believe me, go fxcken check the rule.txt, but the fact is vehicle's armor is different from infantry's, and thats probably the difference. :P

"Using 4 mongooses 1 minotaur, 4 mongooses 1 minotaur combinations against buzsaws is wrong, using minotaurs alone will be enough."

That is not typically against Buzzsaws, thats is just to prevent the enemy from overnumbering you, and if s/he doesn't catch up, you'll over-number him/her ;D

actually, the enemy would outnumber you with buzsaws if you used mongooses and minotaurs only as it takes a mongoose longer to destroy a buzsaw then the minotaur :P

As for the armour, you're right (if you looked in the rules.txt)

"actually, the enemy would outnumber you with buzsaws if you used mongooses and minotaurs only as it takes a mongoose longer to destroy a buzsaw then the minotaur "

Well you can always change plans, if you can see the enemy building lots of buzzsaws, then adjust the ratio yourself, its called common sense you know? ;) 8)

"actually, the enemy would outnumber you with buzsaws if you used mongooses and minotaurs only as it takes a mongoose longer to destroy a buzsaw then the minotaur "

Well you can always change plans, if you can see the enemy building lots of buzzsaws, then adjust the ratio yourself, its called common sense you know? ;) 8)

Dev_Mech, you are the *LAST* guy on the Emperor Strat board who has the right to talk about "Common Sense". if anyone uses most of the strats you've posted here, they'd have a record of about 0-1000. LOL

In my opinion Clam's strat cannot work agaist a hark player with equal micromanagement skill as the atrs player.

The best idea is to get a few bikes, maybe a single mongoose and then just mino mino mino.

Backup from sard elites or fremmies also strengthens your likelihood of survival.

EDIT: Oh and wormriding is a very good idea as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Vilgent is correct...

atreides CAN rush.. i have seen it and i have done it before.

I have killed an entire ordos base with only bikes and infantry... however i had tons of units.

like 70 infantry and 40 bikes

however .....most of you probably play laggy ass games.. and its hard to make that many units in a laggy game...

in an extremely fast game however.. making 70 inf and 40 bikes only takes a few minutes.

Lol, Atreides defence against early rush is a GOOD ATREIDES PLAYER.

First of all, there cant be possibly something like "ok build this first, then make exactly that much units and ure defended"

IMHO it comes down to ure mindset, what are u thinking and how, how can micro. U think 5 buzzsaws will definately kill 5 or even less 4 sandbikes? Not at all, when ure timing is right when u know what ure doing then u can easily kill 5 Buzzsaws with 4 bikes. When ure enemie is just around the corner of ure base gathering units to attack u, sometimes it is good attack hes units first. Create a diversion, attack one of hes harvesters with a rifle infantry or with a bike. He will hear "Harvester under attack" thats one momentum u could use, when hes going "wtf!?!" u can take a buzzsaw or a lazer or anything then retreat. 1 less enemie unit is still 1 less enemie unit and 1 kill closer to Chevron. If u destroy hes unit he might think its not safe to leave hes units there and he even might draw a little back. Every second u win, is closer to ure victory, cos once u get minos-drones all the good stuff going then even the most NARROW MINDED PLAYERS (WHO CANT JUST MAKE IT WITHOUT 3 MIN, LIKE NAVAROS ) should be able to win.

Hope this helps anyone...

Create a diversion, attack one of hes harvesters with a rifle infantry or with a bike. He will hear "Harvester under attack" thats one momentum u could use, when hes going "wtf!?!"

wtf!? Maybe these psychic strategy won't work on me. If I'm in an attack situation and my harvester is under attack, I'll just press "B" to retreat the harvesters. There should my units defending the spice so I won't worry too much, unless I see a large blob of enemy in my radar screen close to my base, then I'll move to my base and take a look.

you would retreat all of your harvestors because of one rifle infantry! This just makes HarkDawg's stratagy even better. You would loose spice time. The tactic he just said would "totally" warp you out if you did that.

Does it matter? If you would notice, I'm on the attack. And you still try use this lame strategy to "scare" the attacker? You'll know who's better when you find out that half your army is gone when your back after the little victory over my harvester's retreat.

Lmao @ Mech, u think it takes me like 5 minutes to attack a harv???

u think i wont manage my units for 5 minutes that ull just run over me, while i attack ure harv with 1 light infantry for 5 minutes???

ROFL

U might not notice the "harv under attack", so what everything will just continue on regular. But if u do it just buys me time.

Lmao @ Mech, u think it takes me like 5 minutes to attack a harv???

u think i wont manage my units for 5 minutes that ull just run over me, while i attack ure harv with 1 light infantry for 5 minutes???

ROFL

U might not notice the "harv under attack", so what everything will just continue on regular. But if u do it just buys me time.

Even just seconds away from the screen can cost you a lot of things in a critical situation.

well i finaly mastered the atr rush defense against early rush but what realy gives the atr the edge in battle is reg sards if you build those before your enemy does its likely that youl win

If you're again another atreidies, you'll find sarduakars not as useful because of snipers.