Arteidies defense against early rush

Duncan_ghola

i'm an elite Atreides player so take it from me when i say:

best way to defend against a rush is to Quit. Westwood made an Under 3 Rules which states that the game does not count and is invalid if either party quits before the 3 minute mark is reached. So if you quit under 3, you don't lose.

if you wanna stick around, i wouldn't recommend light Inf. i hardly ever build them, they're worthless (esp. vs. Hark). they are a waste of money and resources. yes you need mad bikes at the start, but keep your Mino nearby. if you lose your starting mino (on Real Setts, that is), you're done vs. a rusher. so protect that at all costs and bring out the other Minos as soon as you can. (after building mad bikes for a few minutes)

Well I build infantry anyway cos theyre there and they can make a difference. Sard elites complement an atreides rush/defence from a rush remarkably well so I always make sure I've got plenty of those.

EDIT: oh and thanks, V :)

Ken I would like to show you a person who taught Darkruler, Apoll (At some key things, he was alrdy really good and still is :)), Doomp0w3r, Zamot009 and many more rush with Atreides.

Your biggest death is your doubt.

Sure, if you can kill me with sandbikes and light infantry units then i'll believe you ;)

Check out the "on which times are you on," thread in the other board.

"if you wanna stick around, i wouldn't recommend light Inf. i hardly ever build them, they're worthless (esp. vs. Hark)."

Ever heard of out number? Also, Atreidies light are stronger than hark one's so you have an advantage. But either way I rarely build light infantry too.

If you need to hold on in rushes, I suggest this(assume start only with a MCV and 30k):

2 sniper for each entrance(add more if its a big entrance), have 3-4 Kindjals as a group in each corner of entrance(add more if its a big entrance, if you put kindjals in the middle of the entrance have sandbike in front of them so that they won't be squashed so easily), only have sandbikes as cover for kindjals, build a few mongoose as air defence but don't build too much, go to mino as soon as you can and have atleast 1 in each entrance.

If you want to protect harvester then build some sandbikes and mongooses, that should be a very strong force for the beginning be enough to protect the harvester.

Dev Mech as usual you have no clue what you are talking about. I advise everyone who is looking for good strats to disregard everything Dev Mech has ever said because if you take Dev Mech's "strat advice" your Emperor opponent is gonna love you and send you flowers.

Saws will always own Bikes unless the Hark is on the pipe.

No low, they wont.

If you're at all decent then buzzys own bikes inside out upside down. If the enemy has "stronger units" then so will you or even better just even more buzzys.

The only way you can rush a hark with atr is with clam's atr rushing tactic.

You get *loads* of infantry (never stop building ever) and loads of bikes with 2 mongeese. You then have to get rid of the enemy defence and get rid of his spice from outside the base.

It is on emprworm's site, and I really like this BO, but you have to do it against Harkonnen. A Mino wipes out all of the crap, and Ordos is too fast.

It can be done on QM settings or 10k no pre-built

BO (this might be slightly off because I am doing it from memory)

(Windtraps aren't included)

QM settings

Scouts, then infinate inf

Fac and Upgrade Ref, always upgrade refs

6 Bikes, 1 Mongoose, 6 Bikes, 1 Mongoose, etc. It never stops until the very end of the game.

2nd Barracks

2nd Fac

2nd Ref

3rd Barracks

3rd Fac

3rd Ref

10K no pre-built

Barracks

Scouts, then infinate inf

Ref

Fac and Upgrade Ref, always upgrade refs

6 Bikes, 1 Mongoose, 6 Bikes, 1 Mongoose, etc. It never stops until the very end of the game.

2nd Barracks

2nd Fac

2nd Ref

3rd Barracks

3rd Fac

3rd Ref

Sard Barracks/Fremen Tent

Build your units in the front of the base, when you get your first Mongoose rush your units to the opponent's spice (unless he is an aggressive rusher, in which case you must defend with these.

When they get to the spice, keep the Mongoose in the center and use it to attack the Carryalls. The other units defend the Mongoose.

When your opponent has no money, depending on his base defence, get a mino or two and use those.

I, however, normally rush the crap in, as my opponent will have no turrets for defence.

• 3 weeks later...

Dev Mech as usual you have no clue what you are talking about. I advise everyone who is looking for good strats to disregard everything Dev Mech has ever said because if you take Dev Mech's "strat advice" your Emperor opponent is gonna love you and send you flowers.

Saws will always own Bikes unless the Hark is on the pipe.

If you don't know what your farting out, go kiss my @$$.

Would you like you point out my error please?

Just to note that I never said or even mentioned that the bikes are better than the saws. Their both not too far away from each other when 1 v 1 (saws are still somewhat superior), but when in groups, as you have mentioned, the saws would own.....

My strategy: You can't rush Atreidies in the beginning, so your only remaining choice is to build solid defence (remember the spice field too ;))

Normally bikes vs saws, the saws would own. But remember your now only defending so you can easily quickly find other unit as cover. Have kindjals at the side of the entrance so they won't be run over as easily OR have a few bikes in front so the saws can't just go straight through them. Include some mongoose, they'll own the saws.

When your economy is stable, try make it 4 Mongooses and 1 Minotaurus....