Did you like this game??

I mainly bought this game, 'cuz it's Dune, and it was only 4 pounds after all (I bought this game from England). When I was installing the game, and reading the manual, I allmost fell off my chair, because I was so tense.

But the game was disappoiment, after all. The graphics were "ok", but they really did lack something. The controls were kinda odd, the animation was nothing but "ok", and the Frenchmen couldn't even write Frank's name right. "Franck Herbert's Dune". Bah.

Still, I enjoy playing this game. I don't really know, what makes me to put the CD inside the drive and play this game.

Cryonetworks is not, as many mistakenly believe, Cryo. Rather, Cryonetworks is a spin-off from the famed French adventure gaming company that concentrates solely on online games. These games--The Fog, Treasure Hunt 2001, Venice, and soon Dune--are all adventure-based and are very popular in Europe. They are all in 3D, but a 3D card is not needed as Cryonetworks has ingeniously developed an innovative engine named Scol that, once downloaded, doubles as a 3D card on your computer and allows you to participate in any of the online entertainment. Though many of Cryonetworks' employees previously worked for Cryo, great care has been taken ensure that the public perceives these companies as two separate entities: Cryo is located in Paris, and Cryonetworks operates from Cedex, a small town outside of Paris.

I don't know if this thread is still on topic or what.

I got this game a few days ago, and I have to say that it is very shite. The graphics are okay (although I hate the whole anime-feel to it), and the music is nice, but beyond that, it's a terrible game. It's buggy (I have to CTRL-ALT-DEL to get out, as the "exit" option does not work), and it's got the worst controls I've ever seen. If it had controls similar to Tomb Raider or Max Payne, then the game would be half-decent, but instead it's some wierd thing where I have to manually move the camera to face the same way as my character is. And what is with that right-click aiming? Man! ::)

I've been searching everywhere for a patch for this game, but the developer's websites seem to deny the game's existence altogether. I think if there was some way to improve the controls a bit, then it might be worth my time.

1) No, they're not.

2) I saw no mention of the game on any of the designer's sites. Not that I really care, though.

And you can look around corners in that fasion with any third person game. But in FHD, you have to manuall turn in order to move in the direction the camera is facing.