The best units to defend a base or a spice field.

Procyon

The lastanks can sneak behind the minos and hit-and-run them while the kobras kill the feds when the feds "try" to kill the lastanks

~lol!!

who said that i targeting to ur lasertanks, first i will send in a minos to make kobra fire againts them(and my mino too) then the feds can crush any unit(just 3feds can clean the kobras and the same thing with lasertanks) the lasertanks can't get away from feds if they are in group ;)!

and this tactic also can works with a harkonen player if u just put a few airdrones!

Scy, the answer is WRONG, i'm tired of wasting another page explaining you that 3 FEDAYKINS WITH 3 MINOTAURS CAN'T DESTROY 10 KOBRA'S WITH 5 LASERTANKS >:(

Just listen to 'The Ken124578'He has been playing and testing longer than you >:(

3 minos and 3 feds will get made into scrap metal very quickly ;D

First, five lasers will own the minos without much trouble. Even if you do manage to get some lasers with your feds, the kobras will own them in the end. If you try to be sneaky and hit the kobra at close range, they could undeploy and run the feds over due to their large crush radius ;D. Heck, five lasers could take on three mino and three feds. Take out the minos first, and then do hit and run on the feds :D.

Hint hint, a kobra is stronger than a mino. You're asking for death if you make 3 mino attack 10! Kobra. They could beat them undeployed. You should watch some clips and see how 1 laser owns 1 fed. Furthermore, a laser tank can escape a fed's shot.

Just an offtopic comment.

My tactics usually require the least amount of casualties with the best efficiency in that situation and what is going to happen after you've finished it (occupying his spicefield for example, or marching on to his base)

Try to copy me since it is IMO the best way to help people.

Fred's and long range support? No, thats not a good combination. Most long ranged support units have splash damage, and that sometime hurt your own Fredaykins and since they're a delicated unit, they really shouldn't be there.

I suggest Sardaukar and Sard Elites with long range support unit add some aerial AA units like air-drones would be good, but its of an choice than a must since you have the elites.

The long range support unit will take care of other long ranged units like mortar infantries or vehicles.

Say your's is a mino and opponent is kobra, let mino take the damage and rush the sard's to finish them off quickly.

The sard's will take care of infantries and vehicle which survived the salvo of the long ranged unit and the elites will take care vehicles which survived the salvo of the long ranged unit and aerial units like gunships.